Chapter 12 ~ Interesting ~

"Hey y/n did you hear" Kaori says with excitement in her voice.

"About?" I ask intrigued by what she's talking about.

" I went somewhere with Mr Childe today!" She squealed as she covered her mouth.

My expression suddenly changes to a serious one, I guess I can find out through her.

"Where?" I asked bluntly Akio noticed the sudden change in my mood and looked at me with a puzzled expression, he didn't say anything though.

"It's a s-e-c-r-e-t" she sung as she waved her fingers around.

I won't lie it kind of pissed me off, but I responded with a smile nevertheless.

"Why???" I pouted and played along, I just really wanted to know.

Part of me knew it's not really any of my business, well it kind of was as it's strange he asked her to go and not his assistant. But part of me was just being nosy.

What got to me the most was the fact he didn't even tell me, like if he needed help he could have just asked.

"It's nothing too serious really, he needed to run some errands and asked me to come along" she finally said as she giggled.

"You okay? You look really tense?" Kaori asked catching on to my expression.

"Oh no I'm fine, guess I was too curious" I rubbed the back of my head kind of embarrassed.

"Ahahaha well I don't blame you, I would be too. Your so lucky you know, being his assistant and all I wish that was my job!" She complained.

"Well, you went out with him at least" I teased as I nudged her shoulder.

"Yahhhh don't say it like that" she held her cheeks as they turned bright pink.

And then it hit me.

"Kaori do you like Childe?" I asked shocked.

"I-um w-well Stoppp!!!" She replies as she waves her hands around, but her eyebrows furrowed for a split second after she hears my question.

"Childe?" She questioned.

"A-ah Mr Childe, sorry I said it out of habit" I explained bashfully.

"Right" she responded with her face in a suspicious expression.

"Wow, you actually do!" Akio exlaimed as he laughed, changing the subject.

Phew.

"But how can you not? He is so fine!!" she gave in, changing her expression to admire the man she likes.

Damn, now it all makes sense. 

"Wow, I don't know how you could like a man like that" I laughed.

"You don't like him?" She asked confused.

"No, why would you think so?" I asked replying with the same look.

She pressed her lips into a thin line, shortly after changing her expression into a smile.

"Nothing!" She beamed.

"Well I'm with Y/n on this one, but good luck Kaori" he laughed harder.

We carried on talking and laughing at lunch.

After hearing kaori's confession I understood her actions,  it makes sense that she want to be with the guys she likes whenever she can.

I would do the same to be honest if I was in her shoes, so I guess it's okay, it's not like I've been demoted or anything so I guess it's a win win.