Chapter 9 ~ Going already? ~

"Ah! How silly of me I haven't even introduced myself yet!" She bashfully exclaims as she rubs the back of her head.

"My names kaori, it's really nice to meet you!" She says exitedly.

I honestly didn't expect her to be nice, it's usually the opposite every time a new girl joins. But she actually wants to be friends?

"Y/n, nice to meet you too!" I return her energy, she's putting in effort that's means I should too.

"Listen y/n" she says as she stops me before we get to the door which  leads us to the main office.

I stop and look at her waiting to hear what she has to say.

"I um" she starts as she struggles to get her words out.

I put my hand on her shoulder.

"Are you okay?" I ask slightly worried.

"Im just really really sorry for all of this" she blurts out.

Which kind of took me by surprise, I didn't Expect this right now.

"Oh I mean I would be lying if I said it was all okay, but I definitely don't have a grudge against you. You didn't even know until today so" I successfully responded as I smiled at her.

She looked down, was it something I said? I mean I was just being honest. And I really don't have any grudge against her.

"It's just" she started talking again.

"You obviously know that when applying to this job it's an open application" I nod at her statement and wait for her to continue.

"When I was applying I was really hoping that I'd get accepted into this unit." She confessed and looks at me with genuine sadness in her eyes.

"I-I see" I respond caught of guard by her genuine emotions.

How is she this expressive, you can literally tell what she's feeling in any situation. And she's totally oblivious about it.

Her personality is kind of cute, I've never actually encountered someone like this, let alone be friends with them.

I internally smile, I'm glad I have the chance to make a new friend.

"Instead I got accepted into Scaramoche's unit instead, but everyone there is kind of overly serious and can be a little scary at times, so when I saw then opportunity to switch I took it and-" I cut her off by giving her a hug.

She too a few seconds but eventually responded to the hug.

"I'm really not mad at you, but I'm not too happy with the current situation. Honestly I don't feel any negative feelings towards you. So let's be friends okay?" I offer her cheerily as I break the hug and smile at her.

"Really?" Her eyes widen.

"Mhm, let's get going now we should start setting up your new office" I suggested as I walked through the door.

I completely get where she's coming from, at the end of the day there was no malice intended from her part so I only really blame Childe for his stupid decisions.

Why did he open up an option for a transfer and why was it my job.

As I was walking to the desk kaori was looking around and greeting everyone.

One thing was really throwing me off her story.

Why was it that out of all the units she wanted to work under Childe?

I couldn't put my finger on it.

"What are you so deeply thinking about" I suddenly hear a male voice from behind and feel hands on my shoulders.