Chapter 18~ The doctor ~

We closed the main door behind us and Kaori sighed in relief.

"What's up?" I asked concerned about her behaviour.

She looks at me for a few seconds contemplating what she should say, until she finally opens her mouth.

"Do you really not know who he is?" She asks worriedly.

"N-no" I stutter feeling nervous, seeing her scared expression.

"Do you remember when I told you I worked for Scaramouche's division before transferring here?" She says slowly.

My eyes widen.

"Don't tell me he was your co worker there??!" I whisper shout in shock.

"No, worse" her face goes pale, as she presses her lips into a thin line.

"Do you know the fatui harbinger referred to as The doctor?" She she says as she stares at me dead in the face.

My eyes widen, I've only ever heard rumours about him and let me tell you this, the only good think I've heard is that he's good looking.

But I've heard some pretty nasty stuff about him and his division. But aren't most of them clones? Doe that mean Touma's a clone? Wait did Touma even work for him or am I just assuming.

So many questions were running through my mind.

"Yes, Touma worked for Dottore, the Doctor" Kaori answered one of my questions.

I snap back into reality.

"So he's a clone then?" I asked a little hesitant as it sounded absurd.

"Well I'm not sure about that, but I'm also not sure why he's here, working for Childe" she expresses as she still has a look of worry.

"I don't like him, I've seen him around quite a few times. Let's just say those sightings weren't pleasant" she explained.

I just absorbed all her information like a sponge.

"He's definitely a handsome man, but I hate him. He's vile. Stay away from him y/n I'm warning you for your own good" she said emphasising as she spoke.

Her words sent chills down my spine, thinking back to it is that why Childe is wary of him? 

I nod in response and we both gain our computer and walk out of the toilet.

"Act normal" she briefly said as she walked ached of me and sat in her seat.

I proceeded to sit in mine right after.

"You guys sure took long, everything okay?" Akio asks sweetly.

I was still a little dazed out and I have to admit a bit scared of Touma.

"H-huh, yeah everything's fine." I say as I nod slightly.

I feel Touma's gaze move to me.

"Are you sure? You seem quite jumpy." He said concerned as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

I look in his direction.

"I'm just feeling a little sick, that's all" I said politely as I smiled.

"Ah I see, do you want me to help you. I am a doctor in training after all" he offers nicely.

My eyes widen and from my peripheral vision I. And see Kaori has the same reaction as me. Where as Akio is sitting there clueless.

"Uh I don't think it's that bad I need to see a doctor, just the regular stomach bug" I reply with a little uncomfortable laughter.

"You can never be to sure, here let me- Touma doesn't get to finish his sentence as he's interrupted.

"I'll take y/n home, I'm sure she's just tired" I hear Kaori say.

Touma looks in her direction and gives her a blank stare.

"Sure, if that makes the both of you feel comfortable" he says with a small smile.

"Akio I trust you'll be okay here?" I ask as I look at him.

"Don't worry about it! Touma and I are great friends, right?" He says looking at Touma.

"He's quite the man" Touma says whilst looking at Akio in an approving manner.

With that me and Kaori nod and walk off, the whole way home we were silent.

We parted ways at the station, as I wasn't actually sick so I don't want to burden her and make her drop me home.

The journey back, all I could think of was the nasty rumours that I had heard about Touma's old division. Surely he's not like that right? Just thinking about it gave me chills.

As I walked up my road I saw someone tall standing outside my house, as I got closer I could see them ringing my doorbell.

Childe????

What is he doing here??!