Chapter 4 ~ The next day ~

I was at work, sitting behind my desk. Typing up a report about an incident that happened about a week ago. When I was about half way through I took a deep sigh and stopped typing on my computer.

I leant back on my chair and recalling yesterday's events.

After our conversation in the kitchen, I walked out not long after him. He had to go out for work related purposes so I sat with Teucer for a bit.

I already knew what he had to do, collect debt and motivate new recruits.

I sat at my desk and shuddered at the thought.

Knowing him, he would find a way to involve violence. It's just what he loves, bloodshed, fights and all of that. Which is why he scares me.

How can he be so nonchalant about everything else but fights.

Although  I now know that he actually has a heart, well only for family and close friends.

But it doesn't change the fact that he's a battle thirsty maniac.

"Hellooooooo!!! Y/n!!!!" I hear someone yelling my name.

I snap back into reality and see Akio waving his hand in front of my face whilst leaning over our desks.

"Sir is calling for you, hurry up" he shook his head as he sat back down.

"O-oh right" I slowly nodded, after retuning to reality.

I got up from my desk and headed towards his office.

What does he want now I thought to myself trying to think of the task I would be given.

Not long after, I was met with a closed door facing me.

I stood there for a short while contemplating if I should turn back, but ended up knocking on the door and waiting for a response.

It was silent.

So I decided to give a mother knock. Just before my fist connected with the door, it pulled away and I was met with a tall ginger man.

My head moved upward to get a look at his face , my eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I met his usual empty deep blue eyes, and feelingless smile.

His figure was covering the view inside has he had his hands gripping the door frame.

Why didn't he just tell me to come in?

I thought, as I was trying to scan the room inside, is he trying to hide something in the room?

No matter what controversies were floating about in my head, I decided not to question his actions and just waited for him to speak.

I carried on looking at him, but now with my expression changed to my resting face.

I could tell that he saw my previous expression but decided to ignore it, oh well it's not too important.

Shortly after my change in expression he started leaning in towards me with his face now also on the resting expression.

Whaat?

Taken aback by his sudden movement I was unable to move myself, so I stood there with my eyes slightly wide.

Red colour started creeping onto my checks as I felt his warm breath closer to my face.

Is this supposed to be what I think it is?

Since when, me and him have never properly spoken, until these last few days.

Even if it is I don't like him back, what should I do? If I reject him will I loose my job?

I was clearly getting flustered by his actions, and my thoughts were not helping.

I averted my eyes away from his face.

That's when I suddenly felt his breath move to the side of my face and next to me ear.

"Don't knock next time, come straight in." He ordered, in a normal tone.

W-what? That's what he wanted to say?

He then moved back and made way for me to enter.

Before I did my eyes scanned the room and I saw things like colouring books and action figures generally scattered in the room.

So this is what he was trying to hide, no wonder I was greeted with a smile, he must have thought I was one of his other employees.

Judging by the things in the room, Teucer must be around.

I scanned the room a little more but couldn't see him, his office is pretty large and doesn't have a lot of hiding spots, how strange.

I thought as I still couldn't see the boy.

Eventually I took the invitation and stepped into the office, slightly still not over his actions.

When I walk in, I hear laughter from behind.

I turn my head to see none other than the man himself chuckling.

I just looked at him, having a slight idea of why he was chuckling.

Did he know what I was thinking? I felt ashamed just by reflecting on it.

"I called you here for Tecuer, nothing else" he said clearly referring to whatever thoughts I had then.

What the hell, his laugh wasn't mocking, in fact it made it seem like he didn't intentionally do it.

Which made it more amusing for him.

I pressed my lips into a thin line, holding in my annoyance. He is my boss after all, I should watch how I react.

What is wrong with me, how could I even think of him doing something like that.

I cringe as I recall my thoughts.

But anyway it's his fault I had the misunderstanding in the first place, if he had just warned me normally then this wouldn't have happened.

"Speaking of Teucer where is he?" I asked trying to change the subject not wanting to talk about it anymore.

I shuddered just thinking about it, his sweet talking skills is one of the many reasons why I decide to keep my distance.

Just then a door in his office opened and out walked a little boy.

"I'm backkkkk" he loudly announced, as he closed the door behind him and trotted over to his brother.

There's a toilet in his office??! Was the first thing that came into my mind.

But upon thinking of it more, it made sense. It's not like he uses the same toilets as his employees.

So I quickly let go of my shock towards that and payed attention to my current situation.

"Hii y/nnn!" Teucer chirped as he acknowledged my presence.

I greeted him back with energy.

"Anyway" I heard Mr Childe emphasise.

"I'm going to need to go take care of Teucer for a while, I need to get a few tasks done" he instructs.

"Oh, oh!! Brother are you going to design new toys??!!!!" Teucer eagerly questioned.

"Well, yes Teucer and if they are successful you can be the first to have one" he says with a genuine smile as he looked down at his little brother.

Shortly after, he averted his gaze back at me.

"I'm sure you wouldn't mind heading over to mine and watching him for a while, right y/n" he coaxed as he gave me a smile.

"But sir I still have work I need to complete by toda-" but I didn't get to finish my sentence.

"Y/n, you can work later on in the day." he said composed, but I could hear the undertone. It was most definitely an instruction.

I just nodded and smiled, why did I even bother to try I'm obviously going to have to work overtime.