Chapter 14 ~ What a Surprise 😳🤭~

I woke up to the sun in my face, I hate it when I forget to close the curtain I thought to myself as I got out.

I look at the time 6:00 am,  perfect.

I  then washed up and headed downstairs, I don't hear or smell anything so I'm guessing Childe is still asleep on my couch.

As I get to the living room I turn my head to face the couch and I see him sleeping peacefully.

One leg out of the blanket his hair a little  messy mouth slightly open.

I unconsciously let out a small smile whilst seeing him so at peace.

He looks kind of cute-

When I realise what I'm doing I quickly change my expression to a straight face.

Stop, he's cute inly when asleep.

I thought to myself and then I head to the kitchen.

I start preparing some breakfast for the both of us, since every time he gets caught up in cooking for both of us.

I cook my favourite breakfast, and set it up for two.

I look at the time.

6:30 am

I decide to go to the living room to wake Childe up, as I got closer I didn't feel like doing it.

I sat on the floor beside at him and looked at him sleep.

He's probably exhausted, even though I don't particularly like him I can't help but notice how hard he works everyday.

The exhausting smile he wears, the public relations he upholds. The constant public appearances and appointments. It looks quite taxing.

I look at his peaceful face, and for once he actually looks,

Human.

I suddenly see his eyes start to open slightly and I hear a groan leave his mouth as he stretches.

"Where, where am I?" He asked in his morning voice as he squinted his eyes and sat up.

He moved his head around as his eyes adjusted to the light, he stretched his arms out and yawned.

"You fell asleep on my couch" I replied as I got up from the floor.

"Oh I did?" He asked kind of surprised at his actions.

I turned around and hummed in response.

As I walked to the kitchen I let out a smile.

He seems very human.

"Breakfast is ready, toilet is upstairs to the left." I informed him as I washed the dishes I used to cook.

Suddenly I see two hands on each side of the sink stapling me in between.

I stop my actions.

"U-um" I stuttered caught off guard by his actions.

I then feel his face close to mine.

"Thank you for having me" he whispered in a low scratchy voice.