40. Anniversary part 2

Arshad's POV,

I was staring at the shining moon. The moon was alone but not lonely. The moon has flaws but it also shines. This moon was calm and was somehow happy just like me. Two years ago on this day, I thought everything was mourning with me because I thought that destiny snatch my happiness but I was wrong. It gives me isha. The girl I didn't realise when become a part of my life. I've hurt her, I've push her away as much as I could but see still I couldn't prevent my heart from falling for her, her innocence and her patience.

On this day two years ago I met her on that Hut. On that day I saw a most innocent little girl, a kid. I chuckled at my own thought.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realise when isha's car arrived. I came out of my thoughts when the doorbell rang.

I was in the same apartment where I brought her on our nikah night and where we become one.

I walk toward the door not before glancing at the mirror. Taking a deep breath I open the door only for my breath to hitch.

Standing in front of my eyes was a bride

Standing in front of my eyes was a bride. My bride. I wanted to see her in a bridal dress. I wanted to see her as my bride. On that day two years ago everything happened so tragically that isha couldn't full fill her dream of being a bride. Every girl has that dream that one day they will become a bride but like every dream of isha, this dream was also broken. And I decided to full fill all her dreams which was broken, and this was my first step.

"Ahem" I blink when isha clears her throat.

"Uh... Come" I give her my hand which she held with a beautiful shy smile on her face.

Slowly looking around she walks inside. I decorated our apartment with beautiful flowers.

"Ye...sab apne kiya? (Did you do all this?)" She asked, looking mesmerised. I pull her closer and hugged her from the back.

"Haan... Mai ne kiya.. Aur sirf aapke liye. (Yes, I did. And only for you)" I said softly kissing her cheeks. She smiles before turning toward me.

"Apko yaad tha? (You remember?)" Isha asked staring into my eyes. I held her hands looking back into hers.

"I will not say that this day was the best day for me... But yes.. It's also true that this day was the biggest day of my life. On this day I had to tear myself. I had to do something I never thought I could ever do. I had to make a decision I thought I will always regret." I was saying all this looking into her eyes while she was trying to see any regrets in my eyes holding her breath.

"No." I smiled cupping her face. "I'm not regretting. I'm glad that I saved you that day. Because now I realise that on this day I got a most innocent and pure-hearted girl. I got her loyalty. I got her existence. And now I'm grateful that Allah has wrote you on my destiny. I'm grateful that I fall in love with you because this feeling is the best feeling, isha." Tears escape her eyes while lips stretch into a soft smile. I wiped her cheeks. "No tears today... Not even a happy." She nodded. I held her hand and took her to the table I decorated with our anniversary cake.