48. Happiness

Author's POV.

Everyone in the room stood shocked for a few minutes and then they heard Arshad's loud exclaim.

"Alhamdulillah!" After kissing her forehead he put his hand on her flat stomach. "Ya Allah, Mera baccha! (my child?" His eyes started getting moist with happy tears while a beautiful smile was on his face. "Mera baccha!" He continuously mumble to believe that it was true that he was going to be a father. His dream was going to be fulfilled after a long wait of five years. At this moment he forgets everything. He was so happy that he couldn't stop the grin on his face.

"Alhamdulillah! Mubarak ho meri Jan! Finally Allah has blessed you with a kid. I'm so happy!" His mother come forward and made him stood from his place she engulfed him in a hug.  "May Allah always bless you like this and keep you happy, Always" she kissed his forehead giving him her prayers.

"Congrats bhai" Amar also come forward and pull his brother in a hug. They didn't talk after what happened yesterday but now they all wanted to forget everything and enjoy the blessing they just received. Arshad hugged back with wide smile on his face.

While in the far corner of the room stood isha staring at them. She didn't know what to feel for some time. Sofia is pregnant and before happiness, an unknown fear got birth in her heart. Her heart started beating with unknown anticipation. She turn to walks out of the room not wanting to spread any negativity with her paranoid thinking. She was not upset. Of course not! A child is a blessing by God.

She slowly walk out of the room as she saw everyone was too happy to notice her absence.

Arshad looks toward the door where she left and then turns to Sofia. He sat beside her and took her hand in his.

"Thank you, Sofia. Thank you so much." He kissed her hands and then her forehead while caressing her cheeks. She was still asleep.

He stood up and look at his Amma Jaan. "Stay with her. I will come back" with that he walks out of the room and toward isha's room.

"Isha" Arshad's voice made her look up at him. she was sitting on the bed and staring at the space. He walked toward her and pull her in a hug. "I'm so happy isha! I'm so happy. My wish is going to be fulfilled, I'm going to be a father. Ya Allah! I can't believe I'm going to be a father" she wrapped her arms around him feeling his happiness passing into her heart. He pulled back and cupped her left cheek "and you're going to be a choti ma (second mother)" A bright smile made its way to her lips.

She was happy that Arshad made her part of his happiness. She was truly happy now.

"Alhamdulillah. I'm happy for you" she said smiling at him.

"Then why did you walk out of there?" He asked raising his eyebrows. He didn't want isha to have any doubt.

"W..wo... I thought you will feel uneasy with my presence" she said looking down. He held her chin and made her look at him.

"Why would I feel that way? Isha, we both have accepted everything and I know you too well to doubt your intention." Arshad assured her.
"I can't tell you how much happy I am. We are going to have a little bundle of joy sooooooonnn" he twirls her around with happiness. Isha laughs at his excitement.

--------------
Sofia woke up from her sleep and look around to find Amma Jaan was on the bed beside her while Amar standing beside the bed.

"You woke up. Amar go call your bhai (brother,)" Amar nodded and walks out of the room but when he didn't find his brother anywhere he went to isha's room.

"Bhai!" He steps into the room only to find isha and Arshad in each other's arms. They broke the hug and look toward Amar. "Sofia bhabi is awake. Amma jaan calling you" with that he walks out of the room.