13. Her growing feelings

Arshad's POV,

"I've informed Amma jaan, now let's go," I said walking toward the door. She followed me.

"Apko takleef utane ki zarurat nahi thi. (You didn't have to bother yourself)" Isha said in a low tone. As I went to my car and open the front door for her.

"Agar meri takleef utane se kisi aur ki takleef kam ho jati hai to it's worth It (if brothering myself make someone else difficulties lessen than it's worth it)" I replied with a small smile. She sat inside the car and I went to my seat and began the engine.

"So, it's true, I'm bothering you?" She asked. I look at her frowning.

"I didn't mean that way isha" I clarified giving her glance before continuing my drive. She didn't say anything and look out of the window.

"Isha" I didn't know what got into me but I suddenly I held her hand trying to clarify myself. Her head shot toward me "You are not bothering me. You never did. It's my duty. My responsibility to look after you." I declared. She looks down at our hand and her cheeks instantly flushed giving her cute blushing look.

She softly took her hand away from mine and again look out of the window but this time with a small shy smile. I smile a little at her innocence. In just a mere contact made her blush furiously which was new and foreign for me.

I stopped in front of her university and got out of the car to open her door but she opens it and got out of the car.

"I learned how to open the car door," she said with a smile. I mentally smack my face. I thought she still didn't know how to open the car door but I forgot that she was living here for one and a half years now so, it's obvious she learned those things.

"Okay" I smile sheepishly.

"Allah hafiz," she said.

"Isha, I will come to pick you so, no need to leave college before I come" I announced in a firm tone. She nodded and walk inside the University.

***********

As I said I pick her up from the college and after dropping her I again went to the office.

The workloads were too much for me but I had to complete everything before Asam's marriage. I didn't want him to take stress during his wedding. I wanted him to enjoy this beautiful period with his would-be wife.

I gather every pending work and took every detail from our assistant and it took me a whole day just to comprehend what I had to do and which meeting will be important for the upcoming months.

It was already 7 in the evening when I got home. I was going inside the house when I saw isha sitting on the lawn gazing at the dark sky. Debating for a minute I went to her.

"What are you looking at?" She was startled hearing my voice unexpectedly. "Sorry I didn't mean to scare you," I said walking toward her and sat beside her.

"It's okay" she replied and again lookup.

"Why are sitting here alone?" I asked curiously.

"Watching the moon I feel, I'm not only one who is alone in this world of people. Moon is also alone even though, for everyone he is not alone cause he was surrounded by stars but the truth is he is and always will be alone" she muttered in a daze. I felt stung in my heart for some reason. The look of pain in her gaze stirred something in me. She blinks and looks at me. "I...I'm sorry I just...." She stood up in nervousness and strode inside the house.

I lifted my face and saw the moon shining in the darkness. I didn't know how much time I spent sitting in the lawn but then I felt someone sitting beside me.