18. For her happiness.

Assalamualaikum.

I was not going to update before ending Unknowingly Halal but you guys are giving this story so much love and appreciation that I couldn't stop updating.

Enjoy💖

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Arshad's POV,

I came to the dining room as usual early but today I came to talk to isha. Last night I couldn't say anything cause I was shocked that she heard my bitter words. The words truly I didn't mean. She was not a burden. She was not compulsion to me. She never asks anything from me. She never a threat to me. Though I didn't choose to marry her it still happens. I shouldn't have said those type of things. I could only imagine how much she got hurt by my words. It all happens because of Adil.

I cursed him under my breath, imagine hundreds of way to torture him. If he didn't push me and stirred that unknown feeling in my heart I wouldn't have to say that to make myself less guilty for having that feeling for isha. Yes, I was feeling guilty. I was feeling my heart was betraying sofia. I didn't want to be called an infidelity bastard. This was all now making me suffocated. How can a man manage to have two wives I can't understand?

I shook my head and sat on the chair waiting for isha to bring my breakfast. A smile made its way to my lips as I think about her. She always brings my breakfast made by her. And I swear her hand made food I love it more than anyone else. I was a foodie. But after marrying sofia and move into Dubai I began losing my desire of having delicious food like I was having here made by Amma jaan. Sofia couldn't cook. And food made by maid never tastes that delicious as its taste by mothers and wives. Cause they add loves in that.

Love?

Does isha add love in my foods? That's why it tastes delicious and warm my heart?

What the hell am I thinking?

I shook my head. It was wrong. I shouldn't think like that. My trance broke when I saw Raziya bi coming with dishes in her hand.

"Where is isha?" I uttered in disappointment before I could stop myself.

"She went to her room to get ready for college," Raziya bi said thankfully not paying attention to my eager tone.

She serves me breakfast and only with a smell I knew it was made by isha. She as always made food for me as she once said she would love to cook for me. I ate silently as I didn't have the heart to ignore my breakfast made by isha.

After breakfast, I was about to walk to her room but stopped when I saw she was already walking toward the main door.

She had not had breakfast.

I went behind her with my laptop bag.

"Isha!" I called out. She stopped but didn't turn to me. "Come, I will drop you," I said standing in front of her. She kept her head lowered.

"I will take a cab. Like I was taking past few days" she said in a low tone without meeting my gaze.

"Isha..."

"Please let me go. I don't want to be late" her voice came as a plea. It felt like she didn't want to be close to me. I move away from her way, giving her space. She walks away without giving me a single glance. My heart twisted with unknown emotions. I wanted to see her beautiful innocent hazel eyes which she hardly becomes comfortable to meet with mine black one. I wanted to tell her that I didn't mean that but I think I should give her time. After my hurtful words, she certainly did not want to see my face.