54. Forgiving you.

Assalamualaikum.

Sorry for the late update guys. The reason (who didn't know) was my grandmother's sudden death. Please pray for her and my family.

Author's POV.

Sofia sat there like a statue. Today she saw she lost her respect in Arshad's eyes. She lost her high status in front of him. She broke him to the extent that now Arshad was in this condition because of her. Since morning she was waiting for him to come back so she could explain or try to apologise for aborting their children but what she got was a call that Arshad collapsed while his nose was bleeding and Asam was taking him to the hospital. It's been a couple of hours Doctor didn't say anything and was still inside the ward.

"Mrs Malik." Sofia's head shot up as she heard someone calling her name. Her eyes were red and her lips were dry.

"Doctor... How is my husband? What happens to him? Is he okay? Can I meet him?" She rushed to the doctor with Asam and his mother.

"Calm down Mrs Malik. You have to be patient. The news is not pleasing." He stares at the faces of the family before continuing "He's critical. He had a nervous breakdown. His brain stopped working and the next 24 hours are critical for him, he has to be conscious in the next 24 house or else he will get into a coma or worst die...." They all gaps in horror as the words left his mouth

Sofia stumbles back as if something hard hit her. She was not properly healed from the recent operation and the trauma of losing her child was still fresh and now this news made her lose her willpower.

The next 24 hours went painfully fast for the Malik family as there was no news of Arshad getting back to consciousness and at the end of the hours' Doctor declared that he went into a coma and there was nothing they could do if Arshad didn't respond himself.

________________

Isha's POV.

I step into the hospital with a rapid heartbeat. Wrapping shawl around myself carefully with my dupatta on my head while a few messy strands of hair was hanging around my face because of the long journey.

I made my way toward his ward as I already knew the room number. It's been a couple of weeks since I first heard about him being hospitalised but decided to not come back as I didn't want to come back into their life to only give them the chance to call me a home wrecker again, but when he told me that my Arsh got into a coma I couldn't stop myself. It's been two weeks he didn't wake up and I was done waiting.

It was night and the hospital was almost empty. I went toward his room and gladly no one was present there as he told me.

I slowly open the door and step inside before closing the door behind me. I looked toward the bed and there was my life, laying lifeless. Making my way toward him with baby steps. With every step, I felt my heart thumping inside my chest breath almost got stuck as I stare at his face after almost 7 months. Silent tear escape from my eyes. I stopped beside his bed. His face was nothing like I always admired, it was dull, with no glow no shine. Bugs around his eyes. Lips were chapped dry and dark. Cheeks bones become prominent a little more. All I could see was the struggle he had felt. my hand went to his face as I trace his forehead and run my fingers toward his eyes cheeks bones and then lips.

I sat on the chair as I felt a loss of energy suddenly. My head falls into his arms.

"Ye kya haal bana liya aapne? (What have you done to yourself?)" I cried holding his hand. "I left you so that you could be happy and live peacefully without any stress and here doctor is saying you had taken stress to the extent where your brain has stopped working." I look at his face and laced our fingers together. Kissing the back of his hand I said. "Doctor is saying you're not fighting enough. He was saying you don't want to come back into life. I don't know what made you like this cause I know you are not that weak to get into depression only because of my separation, I know there is something which bothers you and made you like this" I caressed his hand while tear continuously fell from my eyes. "please... please come back. I can't see you like this. I will die if anything happens to you. You have to come back for me. For us." I stare at his face and didn't know how much time had passed.