Her

"Team Leader Kim!"

"Squad Beta at the back! Kim Min Ah!"

"Yes, sir!"

"Squad Gamma! Focus on defense! Jung So Hoon!"

"I will protect the survivors!"

It was a hectic situation. How can it not be if there are four Grade 3 monsters alongside a Grade 2 monster? They are not strong as Grade 1 and Unranked monsters. However, their numbers are quite annoying, especially when they have people to protect.

Their priority is the safety of the survivors. That's what everyone on the team thinks. Except for one person. The brain of this team.

'Being alive is the best.'

Even though the owner of those words was gone, he holds those words dearly into the heart. Every mission, he will make sure the death rate is zero. It's hard but it's not impossible. Especially with his abilities.

"Squad Alpha! Now, I will explain the fighting patterns of those monsters!"

All around the team leader focused on his explanation. There's no doubt or even less oppose. They believe in their team leader's famous brain-related ability, Record. 

One major factor that contributed to his success as a team leader of his own was the fact that he had all the data regarding the monsters. Weaknesses, movement patterns, attacking styles, and destructive force. All of that information is in his head.

As Kim Rok Soo gives an explanation about every Grade 3 monster in detail, he gives out the command to all the members.

"Any objections?"

Everyone nodded, but there is someone who raised a hand. It was the newest member of the Squad Alpha.

"Team Leader Kim, how about the Grade 2 monster?"

The member asked him while pointing the hideous but strong-looking monster that Assistant Leader Kim Min Ah tried to fend off. Just looking at how intense the fight makes everyone feel goosebumps.

"I will handle it."

"Yes...Yes?!"

Kim Rok Soo just nonchalantly answers the young member of his like Grade 2 monster was not a big deal for him.

"T-team Leader Kim!"

"We don't have much time. It's not good to drag time too long for the survivors in this cold weather. Squad Alpha! Go back to your positions!"

"Yes, sir!"

"Yes, Team Leader!"

As they are going back to their position like their team leader asked them, there's one thing on their minds.

'He's going to use THAT ability!'

That's right, Kim Rok Soo is going to his another famous ability. The ability allows his brain to push his body past normal human limits.

Instant. This ability of his makes him move at a speed that humans aren't able to move in, allowing him to make movements that humans wouldn't normally be able to make. During that time, he is the only one able to move around the world, appearing as he is jumping through time and space—though, as its name implies, he can only use it for about 5 seconds due to the strain it puts upon his body.

'Well, as long as I am not dying, it's worth it.'

He records the grade 2 monster's movement pattern and concentrates the information about the creature in front of him. As he got the answer to defeat the monster, he activates 'Instant'.

The entire world had stopped. No, he's the one shooting forward as if he was made of light.

He had pushed forward doing something any other normal human could not do for a very short period of time.

The drops of blood that couldn't even fall to the floor during that time created a red path behind him.

The drops of blood were so red that they looked like flower petals fluttering in the wind, but they were too terrible and painful to be called beautiful.

The Grade 2 monster has a very simple weakness which is behind its left ankle. He calmly walks under the monster while slashing its left ankle with the dagger he always brings every mission. Even though it looks easy, it is all thanks to Squad Beta's constant attacks.

'If it's when I was in 20ish, I definitely can't handle this ability. Now  I understand why this ability manifested late.'

His head hurt.

It felt as if it would explode.

"Huff. Huff."

He was having trouble breathing. After having used, 'Instant,' his brain had overloaded, and he did not have the strength or focus to use 'Record'.

"—am Leader Kim!"

"Team Leader!"

'Ah, Instant has come to end.'

He staggered with his body full of cuts. But he doesn't plop down on the ground harshly as he expected. Someone slowly put him down on the ground with a gentle gesture.

"Team Leader Kim."

"Haaa....Haaa..."

The one who called him has a gentle voice like the care given to him just now.

"Why are you always hurt every time I see you?"

Kim Rok Soo opened his eyes. His reddish-red eyes meet with bright silver eyes. Then, a pair of silver eyes turn into a crescent moon.

"What a troublemaker."

"Wha—"

"Hyung! That's unfair!"

Before he could finish his words, he could hear a young voice. It was a familiar young voice.

'Ah. It was a dream.'

His eyelids fluttered and reveal his reddish-red eyes. He get up and leaned over the headboard.

"Human! You woke up!"

"It's early than usual, Nya."

"One hour early, Nya!"

That means Cale has woken up at 11 in the morning. He woke up from a long dream thanks to the youngest child in the room, Raon's energetic voice.

"Human! You know, Hyung and Noona...."

Cale can't hear the youngest's voice as his mind still lingered on his dream.

He looked outside at the window. It's still winter in Roan Empire. At that time, he made up his mind.

'Let's meet her today.'