Our Past

"I came a bit early than yesterday..."

'There are still few people inside.'

Cale was standing a few meters away from the bakery. He could see people come and go. He doesn't want to get any unnecessary attention, so he hid in the dark alley wearing the robe-like yesterday.

'Well, that's the only bakery who sold 'Hotteok' in this whole world.'

He's all alone again after he persuaded the averaging 10 years old children to go to the Black Castle.

'Raon.'

'What is it, human?'

'Have you visited Lord Sherrit yet?'

'...not yet.'

'You have been away from your mother quite a long time. You just arrived yesterday. It's better to visit her today with On and Hong.'

'...Us too?'

'Lord Sherrit and the wolf children must miss you guys. Isn't it better to spend time with them for some time before the New Year Festival?'

'Human, you come with us right?'

'I promised Basen and Lily to stay here until the festival.'

'...'

'...I will visit the others later.'

'All right, human!'

'You must visit, Nya!'

'Come, Nya!'

'Yes yes.'

'Human! You have the scroll I gave you, right?'

'Yes yes.'

That's how Cale succeeds come alone outside without anyone following him. He patted his magic bag that contained the scroll given by the black dragon, Raon Miru.

Teleportation Magic Scroll. 

Cale just needs to rip it in half to be activated. They are covered in Highest-Grade Magic Stone Powder with advanced magic made by Tower Master Rosalyn and the other dragons like Raon, Dodori, Eruhaben-nim, Mila-nim & Rasheel-nim. Together with Dragon Lord, Sherrit-nim's guidance.

It's different than any other teleportation magic scroll as this one will send you to the locations in a moment without making any noise.

"Magic is the best."

"Thank you. Please come again!"

As he was convinced the magic is useful, he heard an unfamiliar voice but with a familiar intonation. He shifted his eyes from the magic bag to the bakery.

He could see a young lady with an ash brown ponytail waving off her customer with a bright smile. That was her final customer for the day as it's getting late.

 Cale comes out from the dark alley and quietly walks to her. The lady hasn't noticed him until he stood in front of her. Instead of being surprised, the lady's silver eyes turn into a crescent shape.

"Oh my, young master-nim. You've arrived. Please come in."

The lady opened the door and welcomed him with a warm and gentle gesture. Cale casually enters the bakery and sits at the same corner he sat in yesterday.

The lady ignored his impolite actions and do her work.

"What would you like to order, young master-nim?"

"Do you have only one flavor for 'Hotteok'?"

"We have three flavors which are the original, banana fillings and red beans."

If anyone hears their conversation, it was a normal conversation between a young master of territory and a citizen of the same territory. 

 "Hmm. Do you have those flavors now?"

"Fortunately, we have some pieces."

"Good. Two pieces every flavor."

"As you wish, young master-nim."

The lady baker politely bows to Cale before retreating to the kitchen to get the desserts. She slowly turns her back and walked towards her destination.

Before she take a step forward, she halted her movement as she heard something interesting.

"Jung Yeon Hwa."

Her previous name.

"Or should I call you, Team Leader Jung?"

Her previous position.

She doesn't turn her back to face Cale.

Cale doesn't care that as the records about the lady that he hadn't expected to meet in this world poured in his head.

<Jung Yeon Hwa>

<Grade 1 Ability User>

<Multiply Abilities User>

<Brain-related ability, 'Observation'>

<Time-related ability, 'Delay'>

Cale chuckled softly about the records.

'Her abilities are similar to mine. Now, I understand why Team Leader Lee Soo Hyuk tried to get her in our team.'

He reminisced the interaction between 30ish Lee Soo Hyuk and 20ish Jung Yeon Hwa.

At that time, Yeon Hwa hadn't been assigned to any team. She was just an intern.

'Yeon Hwa-ssi.'

'Team Leader Lee.'

'Would you like to jo—'

'No. Thank you, sir'

Jung Yeon Hwa just bowed towards Team Leader Lee and went to her work.

'...'

'Puhahahaha!'

'Pfft!'

Lee Soo Hyuk was speechless. Choi Jung Soo laughed at him loudly and Kim Rok Soo tried his best to not laugh.

Cale who still could remember his hyungs' faces vividly can't help but let out a fond smile. He can't disagree with Lee Soo Hyuk's decision to recruit her.

'She's talented.'

Also, he also understands the reason Jung Yeon Hwa refuse Lee Soo Hyuk at that time.

'She chose Healer Team. After a few years, she took over the team leader position. Well, it doesn't matter which team she chose, her abilities useful in any situation.'

The lady hasn't faced Cale yet. It's rude behavior towards The Lord of Territory's eldest son.

However, none of that matters as both of them know each other and always treat each other on equal feet.

He's Kim Rok Soo.

She's Jung Yeon Hwa.

Both of them are Korean. They are not close to each other but it doesn't mean they don't have ties to each other.

"How are you here?"

Cale asked her in their mother tongue.

"No, which god?"

The lady baker, no the soul inside that body, Jung Yeon Hwa turn her body towards Cale.

She smiled softly.

"Team Leader Kim."

She parted her lips.

"Would you like a mug of hot chocolate drink?"

Her silver eyes curl into a crescent moon.