Little One

The Birth of a Hero.

The Birth of a Hero was a novel focused on the adventures of the main character, Choi Han.

This novel was about the birth of the heroes in the Western and Eastern continents, as well as their trials and growth. 

The main character was, naturally, Korean. 

In the original novel, The Birth of a Hero, Choi Han is the protagonist and the narrator. 

He transmigrates from Korea to Cale's world and lands in the Forest of Darkness. 

After surviving like an animal in the Forest of Darkness for many years, he is taken in by the people of Harris Village and shown comfort, friendship, and love for the first time. 

All of that is cruelly ripped away from him when assassins from the organization, assassinate the entire village while he's away, warping Choi Han's personality into a dark one, and sending him on a murderous rampage through the assassins.

Afterward, he tries to report the attack on Harris Village to the authorities in Western City, but because he lacks the appropriate paperwork and has the misfortune of running into the original Cale, he and the deceased villagers end up being insulted by Cale instead. 

This causes him to beat Cale to a pulp, after which the novel progresses in detailing his adventures as he grows stronger and gains a party of followers.

Furthermore, as he spent time in the Forest of Darkness, his lifespan became as long as a dragon's lifespan, making him pretty much never age.

The main character, Choi Han, has many fateful encounters and overcomes a lot of trials to grow into a hero along with his party members.

He is a hero for justice. 

He protects the weak and destroys the evil and the corrupt.

He's the typical hero you could find in the fantasy-action novel.

The one who sacrifices themselves for the greater good.

However, the whole story changed as the minor villain of the novel, Young Master Cale Henituse being possessed by a 36 years old Korean man, Kim Rok Soo.

The so-called trashy young master reached out a hand to help Choi Han after the destruction of Harris Village and gave him a purpose and a place.

As a result, Choi Han is incredibly loyal and protective of Cale and considers him his home.

Cale Henituse is Choi Han's benefactor and closest friend.

As he followed the redhead as his guardian knight, he met a lot of people that he considered as family and learned that it's okay to even if he wasn't that strong.

It was because he saw many paths to win even without doing things on his own.

He could see this path when he was fighting with Cale and the others. 

The current Choi Han that Cale, no, Kim Rok Soo is different than Choi Han he had read in The Birth of Hero novel until the fifth volume.

There was something he had learned as he lived together with his family.

They had their own methods.

Choi Han had made up his mind.

He would not let anybody die.

Not himself nor the others.

That's the biggest difference that made the original story was gone.