The Lady

Cale Henituse.

The son of Deruth Henituse and Drew Thames.

Drew Thames was the previous matriarch of the Henituse Household.

Regrettably, she lost her life when her only child was just 8 years old.

The cause of death was she ended up seriously injured when the carriage tipped over on her way back due to the storm from Harris Village.

Well, that's what people believe.

Everybody thinks that she passed away because of the injuries from the accident.

The real reason is her ancient power.

Annual Rings of Life.

Drew could see the entire annual rings of a person from birth to death.

The purpose she had gone to Harris Village was to secretly hide a portion of her ancient power.

The ancient power user could transfer his or her ancient power when they are alive.

However, there is a price.

As long as that person is willing to break their plate.

Every person had a 'plate.'

Ancient powers were stored in this plate as well.

If a person's plate breaks, death is waiting for them.

The truth about Drew Thames' death is only known by Cale Henituse.

The real one and the current one.

The young master is a carbon copy of his mother who was known as beauty when she was the lady of the Henituse County.

Bright red hair like blood and sharp reddish-brown eyes.

Her russet eyes were full of wisdom and confidence.

'She looks like me. No, should I say otherwise?'

There is a man in the middle of the room.

The man's shadow loomed in the dark room even after the sun had set.

His only source of light is the moonlight from outside.

It's clear enough to see the woman in the portrait.

'His' birth mother, Lady Drew Thames.

He never thought about this before.

There is no single portrait of his mother anywhere in the mansion.

Also, it's kind of taboo to talk about her.

Cale was already aware that his father cherished her more than anyone.

That's why he didn't say anything to his father.

Then, he found a room he had never been in after 3 years of living as the eldest young master of the Henituse Household.

The music room.

He just found it while wandering around in the mansion as he didn't spend enough time in his own home in the past.

He frequently leaves his house to stop a crazy bastard who tried to take away his slacker life.

As he expected from Ducal House, there are a lot of musical instruments and expensive ornaments to decorate the wide room.

But, what caught his attention the most is portraits of a beautiful woman in her early thirties with hair the same shade of red as him.

It was the first time he to meet her.