Swayamvar

Rukmi, Duryodhana,sakuni, dushashan,Jayadrath,
sishupal, shalya and many other Kshatriya kings and princes arrive at the venue of Draupadi's Swayamvar.
Draupad welcomes all the guests ,while praising the beauty and qualities of his daughter.
Drihstydumna later creates a fish in the sky and king Draupad asks the invitees to target the eye of the fish while looking only at it's reflection in the water.

(Sorry could not find a better picture)

Everyone present was astonished and even worried about the toughness of the competition, it looked like almost impossible to achieve.
Then Draupadi entered the venue followed by shikhandi ,she was looking very beautiful , everyone was looking towards her and she felt uncomfortable as some of the attendees present were looking at her with lust in their eyes ,some were just admiring her beauty and smiling crookedly.
She came to her seat and did namaskar to the all the guests ,she swept a glance towards all the king and princes present and found no one that could catch her interest. She was searching for Arjun but he has not arrived yet.
Krishna was sitting beside her and karna beside krishna,who was admiring the fish in the sky and bow that had to be used to pierce the fish's eye.she looked towards them and realised how karna never looked towards her in any wrong way,how she felt comfortable around him.
"What are you thinking shakhi ?" Asked Krishna.

"I am thinking ,if anyone present here could complete such an impossible task?."she said.

"Well,there are only three people in the whole universe ,who can complete this task shakhi ,and two of them are not participating." Krishna said.
Draupadi looked at him confused ,Krishan smiled and explained.
" Me and Radhey are the two persons ,who can do this and the third person is Kunti Putra Arjun."

On hearing the name of Arjun, karna started to pay attention to Draupadi and Krishna's talk. Actually ,he had already met the Pandavas and identified them, when they were transporting mud disguised as brahmin.
He felt worried about their and Mata kunti's living conditions but was somewhat satisfied to see them working hard ,this will inculcate into his brothers.....no....not brothers,some humility and respect towards the lower class people.he thought.

Ofcourse Arjun is able to complete such task ,he felt proud.
Draupadi was surprised and looked at karna,he seemed to be in his own world but she decided to never underestimate anyone based on looks, upbringing, gender or caste ,you never know what that person is capable of ,just like karna ,he seemed simple and humble but their are the things to be amazed about him.

"But Arjun is not here, Govind,will he not arrive?"

"When the time is right ,you will get what you wished for,sakhi." Krishna said with somewhat sadness in his eyes.
Draupadi waited in anticipation.
When the participants saw karna sitting with Krishna as guest of honour,they started to whisper among themselves and some of them felt very much insulted because a suta has been given the seat more respectable then them.... among them were Shalya and Jayadrath,they decided to create trouble later.
The competition started and one by one many kings and princes came to show their poweress but none of  them was even able to lift the divine bow.
The anger and dissatisfaction grew , dushashan also failed ,so ,he used this opportunity to provoke Shalya and Jayadrath.