𝟎𝟎𝟏. 𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 [𝐏𝐓. 𝟏]

MARIANA RAN INTO THE STILINSKI household, sprinting into stiles' room

household, sprinting into stiles' room. the boy laid in his fathers arm, staring into the void. it had been her 4th time this week at their house, having to come over in the middle of the night to put stiles back to sleep.

the boy had suffered through severe nightmares only a week after they had gotten rid of rebekah mikealson and the hollow; who passed her. the only person being able to bring the boy back to reality was mariana. this had been happening for a while now. almost two weeks.

"stiles?" she called out softly, snapping the boy out of his trance. she hastily moved to his side when he saw the tears falling from his eyes. like a little boy, stiles dug himself into the girl's arms.

"i can take it from here, noah. go back to sleep" she softly reassured the sheriff. he nodded in response, looking at his son one more time before letting himself out. the blue eyed beauty softly shushed him, running her hands through his hair. "do you want to lay down?" she asked the boy who nodded in return. she responded with a gentle 'okay', laying down on his bed, moving the covers over. he repeated her actions, laying down on his side that faced her.

after covering them with his blanket, she moved her hand to his hair, softly running her fingers through his dark locks. "do you want to talk about it?" she asked softly. the boy shook his head in return. how could he explain that he had his third dream this week about her death? how he died because of him. "okay" she responded with a small smile.

"can i just hold you, please" he finally spoke, his voice still shaky. she said a soft 'yeah', pressing a kiss to his forehead before turning her back towards him. he slid his arm around her, pulling her close to him. she moved her arm over his, connecting their hands as she brought them close to her chest.

stiles pressed a soft kiss to the side of her head, grateful for the girl who hadn't left his side since the nightmares began. the pair soon drifted off into a deep sleep, without single nightmare dreamt.

〖➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵〗

the sunlight seeping through the blinds had shined on stiles, waking up the boy from his slumber. a warmth in his arms with a certain floral scent had woken up the boy completely, a small grin sketched on his face as he looked down at the girl who was now facing him.

she had looked so peaceful and beautiful, he couldn't help but stare. he tucked a strand of hair on her face behind her ear, the movement waking up the light-sleeping girl. her blue orbs connected with the soft whiskey ones she had absolutely adored.

"you're staring" she smiled. "i'm admiring" he countered. "not everyone is lucky enough to wake up next to you" a rosy pink tint had burned its way onto her cheeks, softly laughing at his sappiness, "you're so cheesy"

"you love it" he replied, placing a kiss on her forehead. "thank you for coming over last night. i know how much of a hassle it's been for you" mariana furrowed her brows. "don't say that, stiles. it's not a hassle. you were there for me and now it's my turn to be there for you. it's my fault this is even happening"