𝟎𝟏𝟗. 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐋𝐘𝐃𝐈𝐀

MARIANA WATCHED AS MELISSA flashed a small flashlight across stiles' eyes

flashed a small flashlight across stiles' eyes. she put the light down, reaching for his wrist to check his pulse. she visibly hesitated, afraid it wasn't the stiles they thought they had. the boy lifted his wrist up for her, she cautiously grabbed it as she looked at her watch to time his pulse.

"well...medically you seem okay" she told him. "you're definitely a real person" she chuckled. "okay so i'm real, but am i really me?" he asked. melissa looked at mariana. the boy had avoiding any and any contact with the girl. scott entered the room, making stiles lift his upper half up. "is she here?" he asked the wolf. "yeah" he replied. "okay, let's do this"

melissa and scott looked at each other. they both looked at the girl who was staring at the floor. "guys, we have to do this" he said. the mother-son pair helped the boy get downstairs, mariana following. "do you recognize me?" the yukimura women asked. the boy nodded, making his way to her. "stop" kira spoke as she walking in.

"it's okay. i'm the one who asked her to come" he assured the girl. "you're the one that's gonna get stabbed with swords. mom, don't do this to him"

"it's already done" her mother replied. the oni then appeared, surrounding the boy. one grabbed a hold of the boys head, making mariana flinch. she reached down and grabbed scott's hand, squeezing as hard as she could. he didn't mind, he was terrified as well. he gently squeezed her hand to let her know he was there.

small gasps left stiles' mouth as the oni shined its green eyes. the boy fell to the floor, making mariana immediately go to him. she looked behind his ear, a heavy weight lifting off her shoulders at the sight of the backwards 5 behind his ear. "it worked" she confirmed. "am i actually me?" he asked, getting up from the floor. "more you than the nogitsune"

"can the oni find him?" he asked the woman. "tomorrow night. it's too close to dawn now" mariana saw how his jaw clenched. "can they kill him?"

"it depends on how strong he is" she replied. "and what about lydia? why would he take her?" mariana asked the woman. "he would only take her for an advantage"

"you mean her power?"

"the power of a banshee"

〖➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵〗

"where'd i put my keys?" the sheriff mumbled to himself. "in your coffee cup" stiles answered. the man snapped his head towards the boy, mariana and scott beside him. "you always drop them in your empty cup" the man looked at scott and mariana, rushing to the boy after they both nodded their heads. "is it over?" he asked the two after he pulled away from the hug.

mariana took the keys out of the empty cup. "not yet."

__

"we got an APB out on lydia's car. every unit on the road is looking for her" he told the three as he walked into the office. "is there anything else that we could do?" the wolf asked him. "at this hour? no, not really"