𝟎𝟎𝟗. 𝐆𝐀𝐋𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐙𝐄

"WHAT DO THE DIFFERENT COLORED strings mean?" mariana asked the boy as she laid stomach down on his bed

strings mean?" mariana asked the boy as she laid stomach down on his bed. "oh, just different stages of the investigation. so green is solved, yellow is to be determined, blue's just pretty" he said looking back at her, shrugging. she softly smiled at the last color. "what does red mean?"

"unsolved"

"you only have red on the board"

the boy looked back at her. "yes, i'm aware, thank you" he turned back around, analyzing his board. the girl thought back to the lack of help she provided today. and the lack of help she provided in general.

"did you get detention for pulling the alarm?" she asked, zoned out as she played with the string on his bed. "yep. every day this week. it's okay though. we were on to something"

"you mean you guys were onto something" she corrected, looking down at the red string as she looped it around her fingers. the boy looked back at the girl. she was visibly upset. "hey, mariana" he spoke, walking up to her and crouching down to her level. he was kicking himself for not prioritizing her lately.

"you have helped the pack more than you know" the girl let out a small scoff, "how? by going missing? by being a bitch? plus, i got you in trouble. stiles, i'm useless"

"hey, don't say that"

"no, stiles, i am. scott is a true alpha, isaac is a werewolf, allison is a huntress, lydia can sense danger. and you're the overly smart one. i don't see why you guys need me. or you. you couldn't even trust me enough to be honest with me about anything going on with you. how could the rest of them?"

"you were the one who found out about the doll when we were helping malia. you brought me back to reality when i was loosing my mind. you encourage scott to never give up. lydia and allison completely adore you. and you make isaac feel seen. he can relate with you on a level that no on else can. mari, we all need you. i need you. i swear, i need you. i'm sorry i made it seem like that and make you feel like that. it's just a me thing." he calmly spoke whilst unwrapping the yarn off her fingers.

"i've never had a beautiful girl with a big heart care so much for me" the pair looked at each other, stiles eyes soft and calm. "you really mean it?" she asked softly. "i do. and if the pack was here, they would too" mariana smiled. the girl leaned in, stiles as well. before their lips could connect, she looked down at the marker in stiles' hand.

she pulled away, grabbing the marker. she opened the cap, smelling the chemicals. "oh my god, we have to go back to the school" she said, getting up. stiles looked at the marker, smelling it as well. "mariana, you're a freakin' genius"

〖➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵〗

the two teens walked into the chemistry lab, "chemicals. that's why the boys couldn't find him." mariana spoke. stiles made his way to the storage room, moving the handle bar and opening the door. "this room is supposed to be locked" he said. mariana took out her phone, turning on the flashlight. she crouched down, flashing the light on the floor, revealing blood. "stiles, look"