𝟎𝟏𝟕. 𝟕𝟐 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒

"IT'S ONLY 72 HOURS" STILES TOLD HIS best friend

"IT'S ONLY 72 HOURS" STILES TOLD HIS best friend. the serum deaton injected the evil stiles with, brought the boy back. temporarily. stiles decided behind everyone's back that it was best if he were admitted to eichen house. a mental institution. "scott, i saw an MRI that looked exactly like my wife's. and it terrifies me. i'm heading down to L.A tomorrow to talk to a specialist" the sheriff told him.

"then why are you putting him in here?"

"he's not. it was my decision" the boy said. "stiles, i can't help you if you're in here"

"and i can't hurt you" he countered. "deaton's got some ideas, argent's calling people. we're gonna find something and if we can't..."

"if you can't...if you can't, then you have to do something for me, okay? make sure i never get out"

"and what am i supposed to tell mariana?" the second her name was uttered, a speeding car screeched as it came to an absolute stop in front of the three. stiles' heart dropped as mariana exited her car, her teary eyes filled with rage. "mari-" the boy attempted to talk. but when does anyone get to talk when mariana parker is mad?

"FUCK YOU!" she yelled, shoving him. he let himself tumble back, scott gently grabbed her arm and pulled her back. "you don't get to avoid me the only time you're you and then pull this shit behind my back! you said we're stiles and mariana. you promised. you don't get to make promises and then just leave! did it ever cross your fucking mind that we wouldn't be okay with this?! is this why you went behind my back?! behind scott's?! lydia's?! your friends?! your pack?!"

he cautiously approached her. she let out a chocked sob the moment his hand gently grabbed her's. he pulled her into his arms, one around her waist, his other wrapped around her head, lovingly holding her. she wrapped her arms around him and cried. "please don't do this"

"i have to, mari. i need to" he responded, his voice breaking. he took a small step back, still holding her as he looked down at the girl. even with her puffy eyebags and red-shot eyes, she was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. and he would never forgive himself for putting her in harms way. at least more harm than he already had. "you were right about one thing. we are stiles and mariana. but right now you just gotta be mariana. cause when the serum passes, i won't be stiles anymore"

"we're going to save you, stiles. i don't care how long it takes, i'm going to do everything i can to bring you back to us" she vowed. the boy softly smiled as he wiped her tears. he leaned down, pressing a soft kiss to her lips. she rested her hands on his cheek. she wished they could stay like that forever. the two pulled away, "i gotta go now, mari. i can't hurt you if i'm in here. go back home, do everything you can like you promised, okay?"

she sniffled as she nodded, giving him one last hug. she turned around, giving noah a hug as well. "i'm going to save your son. i'll do anything it takes" she whispered to him. he nodded his head, smiling gratefully. "i know you will, i believe in you" stiles said his goodbyes to scott. the two watched as they entered the gate, walking up the steps. "we're going to save him" the wolf spoke by her side.