𝟎𝟎𝟓. 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃

MARIANA'S LUNGS BURNED, HER LEGS heavy as she tried keeping up with scott

heavy as she tried keeping up with scott. she didn't know how she was able to run almost the same pace as him, but she was. the two ran after the coyote, running into another body. both scott and stiles screamed in fear until they realized it was just them.

"i think i found something" stiles informed. "yeah, so did we" mariana spoke, extremely out of breath. the stilinski boy led the two into a small den. a blue, dirty jacket laid on the ground. "it's a coyote den" scott said. "a werecoyote"

"you see this?" stiles asked as he picked up the small jacket. "this is malia's. remember, it was the same one she was wearing in the photo" scott picked up a torn up teddy bear, mariana's eyes widening in realization. "guys we shouldn't be here" both boys looked at the girl, "what do you mean?" stiles asked her.

"if this belongs to malia, then this is her den. we just invaded her home. this place is going to reek of our scent. she's not going to come back" stiles pondered for a second. "if she's not going to come back, then where is she going to go?" he asked no one in particular. "do you think you can track her?" he asked his best friend. "you think you got her scent?"

"maybe. but i'm better at this when i'm a full wolf" he replied. "and i'm still worried that if i do it, i won't be able to turn back" he admitted. stiles let out a sigh. "the door's still open" mariana was scared. her friends were being tormented and so was she. and there wasn't anything she could do. "if i can't get to derek, we're gonna have to find someone else to help. and i think it might be a little bit out of my boss' league"

"and more in my dad's."

〖➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵〗

"you sure this is her's?" the sheriff asked, looking down at the blue jacket. the three now stood by the sheriff's cop car. "i looked her right in the eyes, and they glowed just like mine" claimed the werewolf.

"i was there" mariana spoke up. "they glowed an electric blue. we went to her den, it's hers" scott nodded in agreement. "dad, it makes sense" the brunet told his father. "but it wasn't a girl. it was a four-legged coyote, right?"

his son faltered a little, "well, okay. but yeah, see, we don't have exactly figured out yet" he answered truthfully. "just think about it sheriff" the parker girl began. "it a was a full moon, malia starts to change, the mom crashes, and everybody dies -"except for malia" - the full moon caused her to spiral but she probably blamed herself for what happen, hence, keeping herself in her changed form. she's punishing herself"

"guys this is... this is insane. i need this kept quiet. the three of you, not a word. i don't want anyone hearing about this. i especially don't want mr. tate to hear about this" the sight of scott looking off to the distance in fear made mariana tune out the sheriff.

she looked to where he was, the sight of nothing implying he was hallucinating. turning back to the sheriff, she let out a loud gasp, evil stiles smiling at her as he emerged from a tree in the distance.

"you two okay?" the sheriff asked the two teens, snapping them out their daze. she felt stiles eyes burning on her, but chose to face noah instead, "yeah, fine" - "what did you say?" both teens answered over each other. the sound of sirens turned all four of their heads, "ah, hell" the stilinski man muttered. mr. tate, along with agent mccall, approached them. the tate man took the jacket from the sheriff. "this is her's."

〖➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵〗

mariana walked into history, taking a seat behind stiles. the two haven't spent much time together alone, too busy for any quality time. mariana felt as if it was driving a small wedge between them and her stomach couldn't help but drop at the thought of losing the boy. she was taken out her own thoughts at the sound of kira's voice.

the girl was rambling as she talked to scott, smiling at how the boy smiled at the girl. "kira" stiles and mariana who were obviously eavesdropping, turned their head to the girl's father whom held a stack of papers. "you forgot all the research you did for that boy you like"

kira's face noticeably dropped, her cheeks burning up into a light shade of pink. she slowly turned back around, facing a mouth-gaping scott. she handed him the research, avoiding any and all eye contact.

scott sat down in his seat next to stiles, "what?" he asked the two soulmates looking at him, one still fighting her laughter, the other looking at him with slightly raised eyebrows. "what?"

"nothing" they both replied, turning face front as their class begun. "all right, everyone, let's get started. we were just talking about interment camps and prisoners of war. there's a passage in our reading that i'd like to go over in detail. who would like to come up and read aloud for us?"

"mr. stilinski, how about you?" he called, making the three best friends freeze. mariana immediately shot her hand up, "i can read" mr. yukimura simply smiled. "thank you, mariana, but everyone participates in my class. mr. stilinki?" mariana looked towards scott, he too, not having any clue on what to do. "stiles" she softly whispered to her friend. "i'll be fine" he whispered back.

the boy walked to the pedestal in the front, placing his book down as he looked down at the words. his breathing began to un-level as every single letter on the pages melted down the book. mariana and scott wasted no time in shooting up from their seats, wrapping the boys arms around them as he clearly started to have a panic attack.

"we'll take him to the nurse" scott assured, rushing out with the boy and his soulmate. the three minute walk to the boys locker room seemed like an eternity, but the trio finally made it. stiles threw himself off his friends, throwing himself to the sink as his hands gripped the sides so hard his knuckles turned white. he looked at his reflection above the mirror, seeing no familiarity in himself.

he started mumbling 'this is just a dream', his panic level spiking. "stiles. stiles you need to breath" mariana instructed. "stiles listen to me. how do you tell if you're dreaming or not?" she asked the boy. "fingers. you have extra-you have extra fingers in your dreams" he replied. "okay, then count with me. stiles, count with me"

the boy slowly turned towards the girl, his breathing heavy. "count stiles" she ordered, holding up a finger, "one" she started. lifting a second finger, stiles began to count along with her. "two" he quavered. "that's it stiles, keep going" she encouraged, holding up a third finger. "three...four...five...six...seven...eight...nine...ten..."

"ten" she breathed out, her panic level lowering. the boy dropped himself to the floor, attempting to bring his breathing level back to normal. both scott and mariana crouched down to his level, worried for their friend. "what the hell is happening to m?e" he trembled.

"we're going to figure it out" scott began. "you're going to be okay" he reassured the boy. "am i?" he countered. "are you? is mariana? scott, you can't transform. allison's being haunted by her dead aunt. and i'm straight up loosing my mind. we can't do this. we can't. we can't help malia. we can help anyone."

the two sat down next to him, "we can try" replied the werewolf. "we can always try"