𝟎𝟎𝟐. 𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 [𝐏𝐓. 𝟐]

"MAYBE WE NEED A LITTLE MORE time to get back to normal" said the werewolf to the soulmates

time to get back to normal" said the werewolf to the soulmates. "it's beacon hills scott, i don't think we can go back to normal" mariana replied. "yeah, and try not to forget we hit the reset button on a supernatural beacon for supernatural creatures" added stiles. "there's a pretty good chance things are never going back to normal" he concluded.

the mccall boy simply replied with a small 'yeah', ending the conversation between the three. mariana noticed the confused look on stiles' face when he failed to unlock his locker. the boy looked over said lock, symbols replacing the numbers. "stiles?" the girl softly called out, snapping him out his daze.

before the parker child could share out her concerns, a pair of vibrant ruby eyes caught her gaze. her look didn't go un-noticed by the sarcastic boy, turning to his best friend, his eyes widening as brown met red. "oh, dude, your eyes" he told the brunet. "what about them?" he asked, a flash of worry printed on his face. "they're freaking glowing, scott!" mariana spoke in a hushed toned.

"you mean right now?" he asked worriedly. "yes, right now! scott, stop. stop it!" the stilinski boy ordered. the werewolf's breath started to pick up, "i can't— i can't control it" the boy looked around the halls, making sure no one caught sight of him, "alright, just keep your head down. look down, come on" he rushed, placing his arms over scott's head. the three rushed around the halls, their worry slightly diminishing as they found an empty room.

the werewolf frantically discarded his sweater off, his breathing uneven. stiles tried approaching the boy, only to be stopped, "get back. stay away from me" he ordered. "scott, it's okay" he reassured, attempting his reach once more. scott toppled over the desk, his body losing control of his alpha side, "i don't know what's gonna happen, get back!" stiles listened to his warning the second time around, walking back with his arm held in front of mariana to keep her behind him.

the pair watched as the mccall boy faced them, digging his claws into the plan of his hand. he let out grunts of pain, his canines extracting. mariana held stiles arm out of fear, ready to run away with him if needed. the werewolf dropped on his knees, exhausted pants echoing the room. he dropped his tiredsome body to the grown, his wolf form no longer showing.

the soulmates cautiously approach their friend who stared at his shaky hands, "pain makes you human" he explained. "scott this isn't just in your guys' heads" mariana spoke, extremely worried for her friend. "mariana's right. this is real" stiles agreed, "it's starting to get bad for me too" he admitted, looking down. "i'm not just having nightmares. i'm having these dream where i literally have to scream myself awake. mariana has to come over to my house in the middle of the night to put me back to sleep. sometimes i'm not even sure if i'm ever actually waking up" he explained.

"what do you mean?" asked scott. "do you know how can tell if you're dreaming?" he begun again, "you can't read in dreams. more and more, these last few days, i've been having trouble reading" he claimed. "stiles, why haven't you said anything?" his soulmate asked. "i didn't want you guys to worry about me" he answered in guilt. "it's like i can't see the words. i can't put the letters into order."

"like even now?" the werewolf asked. the brunet stood up, looking at the chalk board filled with words. mariana stood up next to him, watching as he looked around the room in despair, "i can't read a thing."

〖➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵〗

"hey, dad?" stiles called out to his father sitting on the floor of his office. "hi. what are you— what are you doing down there?" he asked. "working" his father simply replied. mariana and stiles looked around his work station, boxes and paper scattered out everywhere in the office. "mr. stilinski, what are you doing?" she asked the sheriff, looking at the cluster of what seemed to be police cases.

"mariana, i have told you many times, you do not need to address me professionally outside my home. and these are some cases I've been looking over from a more illuminated perspective, if you know what i mean" he answered, looking at the two. "strange sighting of bipedaled lizard man sprinting across freeway" the parker girl read out loud. "kanima pile" the sheriff answered.

"what the hell is a kanima?" the girl asked. stiles gave her a look, gesturing to his father. "i'll just ask another time" she replied in a stiles-like way, dropping the file back into the 'kanima pile'. "dad, you're not going back through your old cases seeing if any of them had something to do with the supernatural, are you?" he asked, crouching down to his level on the ground. "i admit, the recently opening of my eyes to the greater mysteries of the universe has got me... reassessing." the man answered.

"so yes" mariana bluntly commented, receiving  yet another look from the boy. "mari, not the time" he told her, looking back to his father. "there's about a hundred cases where i can look at the details and i ask myself, 'if i knew then, what i know now'-"

"right, but are you sure you want to go down this path?" he asked his father. mariana could see the visible worry stiles had for his father and she understood why. the supernatural world was a dangerous place and stiles wanted his father to be no part of it. the pack had already been through too many close calls as it is, including his father. she too, would want to keep her loved ones in the dark if it meant their safety.

"do i have a choice?" he rhetorically asked his son, "there's one case in particular that i can't get out of my head" he begun, getting up from his spot on the floor. "eight years ago, when i was elected sheriff of county. my first official duty was to tell a man that not only did his wife and two kids die in a car accident, but, the best that we can tell was his nine year old daughter had been dragged from the wreck by coyotes." he said, explaining the case.

"you mean dragged and eaten?" asked his son who looked through the file given to him. mariana stood behind him, studying the case as well. "we didn't find the car until three days after the crash." he continued, "they had driven off the road into a pretty deep ravine. the two bodies that were still in the car were covered in bites and slashes."

"bites and claw marks" mariana repeated, "so you're thinking a werewolf attack?" she asked the sheriff. "maybe" he answered, still skeptical. "but coyotes, they scavenge, right?" stiles spoke, "so couldn't they have just left the bites and slashes?" he asked. "absolutely" answered his father. "but guess what night the accident occurred on?" he riddled the pair.

"i'm just gonna go on a whim and say the night of a full moon, nothing good ever happens on a full moon" mariana shared. the sheriff pursed his lips, pointing to a date on the file. "the night of a full moon" stiles confirmed. "yeah" replied the sheriff. the brunet closed the file, looking back at the cluster of boxes, "hey, dad. where are all these going?" the sheriff looked down at the boxes, his eyes landing on a box. mariana read the tape, feeling a small flash of anger run through her body.

FBI FIELD OFFICE. STUDY OF AGENT MCCALL

"oh, you got to be kidding me"
-
-
-
-
i'm gonna try to just update this book instead of re-writing it so these chapters may be a little shorter than the first book.