𝟎𝟐𝟐. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐕𝐄

SCOTT PARKED THE CAR OUTSIDE OF the school

SCOTT PARKED THE CAR OUTSIDE OF the school. stiles tumbled out the passenger's, grabbing onto the railing to hold himself up. lydia made her way to him, wrapping his arm around her shoulders whilst she supported his waist.

the four walked to the doors, stiles stopping them momentarily. "scott hold on" kira and scott turned to the boy. " i know what you're all thinking. that if this work, it might kill me too. but even if it does, you have to go through with it. stick with the plan, okay"

"the plan is to save you. that's the plan i'm going with." he opened the door, and instead of entering a hallway, the four teens entered a garden. snow was falling, coating everything in soft, white powder. they all looked around, their bodies freezing. the door closed, making the four turn around. "oh, this was definitely not part of the plan"

the sound of crunching snow under someone steps made the teens turn around, watching as the nogitsune began walking to them. kira pulled out her sword. "like i promised, stiles. we're going to kill all of them. one...by...one!" he roared. the oni appeared out of thin air, circled around the four teens. "what the hell is this? where are we?" the alpha questioned. "between life and death." the spirit answered.

"bardo" the banshee spoke. "but there are no peaceful deities here, lydia. you're dying, stiles. and now everyone you care about is dying, too."

"what? what do you mean?"

"i've captured almost all the territories on the board, stiles. the hospital...the sheriff's station...the animal clinic...celeste. do you know the ritual of seppuku, stiles?" he asked the boy, stalking slowly towards him. "no. and i don't want to" he spoke, his voice cold and heart hurt at the mention of mariana.

"when a samurai disembowels himself with his own sword to maintain his honor, but that's not the cut that kills him. the killing stroke is made by his 'kashakunin' who beheads the samurai with his own katana. scott..." he said, pointing tho the wolf. "...is your kashakunin. i'm going to make your best friend kill you, stiles. and you're going to let him. because just like you, they're all going to die. everyone touched by an oni's blade." he was now face to face with the boy, lifting one of his wrapped fingers. "unless...scott kills you first"

"why? why are you doing this?" he asked the nogitsune. "to win the game" the oni then began to violently swing their swords, making scott shift and kira swing hers. lydia took the boy to safety behind a small pond bridge whilst kira and scott fought the soldiers. "how is this happening? how are we in this place?" the wolf yelled out.

"you're asking me? a month ago, i'd never even touched a sword!" the kitsune replied. they continued fighting, determined save themselves and stiles. the oni swung their sword, getting blocked by kira. the oni pushed it, sending the girl's sword flying out of her hands. stiles ran out of lydia's arms, grabbing the sword as he stood up. he pointed it to his stomach. "stiles, no!" the wolf yelled. "stiles!"