𝟎𝟐𝟎. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐍

SILENCE FILLED THE JEEP

SILENCE FILLED THE JEEP. MARIANA sat in the back with isaac, scott in the passengers and stiles driving. the stilinski boy noticed the look on the alpha's face. "hey, you okay?" he asked his best friend. "yeah. you don't have to worry about me" he assured the boy. "all right" isaac spoke out. "i'm going to say it. you look like you're dying" mariana kept quiet.

"you're pale and you're thin and you look like you're getting worse. and we're all sitting here thinking it. when we find the other you, is he gonna look like he's getting better?" he quizzed. "what happens if he gets hurt?" scott asked. "what do you mean? like if he dies then do i die? i don't care" he answered bluntly. "stiles." mariana said.

"just as long as no one else dies because of me. i remember everything i did, scott. i remember pushing that sword into you. i remember twisting it"

"it wasn't you"

"yeah, but i remember it. you guys gotta promise me. you can't let anyone else get hurt because of me"

"i'm not promising that" mariana told the boy, getting all three boys' attention. "you think we're just going to give up? after fighting for you for so long? stop saying stupid shit, stiles" the girl said. "we're going to save lydia and we're going to kill void without you getting hurt at all."

the car went silent. there was a feeling all over the girl's body. she knew what was needed to sacrifice in order to save stiles. she had made peace with herself and what she had to do. she did it once and she will do it again. and nothing was going to stop her. nothing. she was going to save stiles. whatever it had to take.

〖➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵〗

the boy parked his car outside of oak creek, getting out at the same time allison got out of her car with kira. they all grouped up in a circle just in front of the gate. they all looked to their alpha. "we've done this before, guys. a couple weeks ago we were standing around just like this and we saved malia, remember? that was total stranger. this is lydia."

"i'm here to save my best friend" allison spoke. "i'm here to save her and stiles" mariana added in. "and i came to save mine" the alpha spoke, looking at stiles. "i just didn't feel like doing any homework" isaac commented. he then walked in, the group following close behind. "kira" her mother called as they approached her and her oni. "turn around and go home" she ordered her daughter. "take your friends with you"

"i can't. when i looked at the game i realized who i was actually playing. you." scott and stiles went inside the building while mariana, allison, kira, and isaac stayed behind. allison lifted her bow, pointing the arrow at the oni. "call them off" the huntress said. "you think you could take him alive? you think you can save him?"

"what if we can?"

"i tried something like it 70 years ago. your friend is gone"

"are you sure? or if stiles doesn't have to die, maybe rhys didn't have to die either" the oni swung their swords. "guess she hit your soft spot" mariana commented. the woman smiled. "i see i'm not longer the fox now, kira. you are. but the nogitsune is still my demon to bury"

"and stiles is our friend to save" the oni vanished. a small gasp left noshiko's mouth. the woman opened her fist, looking at the dead firefly that vanished into thin air. and they all witnessed it. "mom?"

"what is that? what does that mean?" mariana said. "it means there's been a change in ownership" the teens turned around. mariana's heart dropped at the oni standing behind void. "now they belong to me."

lydia turned around, panicking at the sight of scott and stiles. "why are you here?" she asked the two. "lydia, we're here for you" stiles answered.

"you weren't supposed to be here. you didn't get my message?" she asked scott, her eyes wide. "lydia what's happening?" he asked the girl, his own worry spiking. "who else is here. WHO CAME WITH YOU? WHO ELSE IS HERE?"

the oni charged at the teens. they all fought. mariana had been given a sword prior, thanks to kira. it was almost like an instinct. the way she dodged and blocked the oni. kira took on three, isaac two, allison one and mariana one. "how do we stop them?" issac yelled to noshiko as he fought. "you can't!" the boy was hit, the sword slicing his stomach. another oni charged at him, cutting and slicing the boy.

allison lifted her final arrow. she pointed it to an oni, releasing the it. it hit the spirit in its chest, making it drop its sword. green light seeped through its chest. a small explosion occurred as the oni vanished into thin air. mariana saw the oni charging towards the huntress. "ALLISON" she ran to the girl, pushing her out the way. mariana let out a gasp as the sword pierced her stomach.

"MARIANA" the banshee screamed. she fell to the ground. crying on the shoulder of an unconscious stiles. everything went silent. void left the scene and his oni vanished. scott eye's widened, his heart dropping. he ran to the girl, catching her before she could hit the ground. "lydia. is she-is she okay? is she s-safe?" she asked the wolf, gasps leaving her mouth. "she's safe mari. she's safe" he told his best friend, tears brimming his eyes.

"stiles. you-you have to save s-stiles" she spoke, tears falling from her eyes. "p-promise me you'll save him" she sniffled. "don't talk like that, mariana. you're going to save him with us. you're gonna be okay. call her parents!" he yelled out, looking at his friends. he looked back down to the parker girl, his tears free falling.

the wolf grabbed her hand, ready to take all the pain he had to in order for her to survive. but he couldn't. it wasn't working. "i can't-i can't take your pain" he cried. "because-because it doesn't hurt, s-scotty." she spoke, her voice becoming weak as her body began shutting down.

"i had to do this. f-for stiles. it was the only way i c-could" she smiled. "thank you for being my family. tell my-tell my parents-tell my parents..."" her eyes felt heavy, her body felt weak and cold. she didn't want to, but she needed to let go. and she did. her hand on top of her wound fell limp, landing on the ground with a soft thud.

"MARIANA?!" scott looked up, his tears steaming down his face. "MARIANA!" elaina screeched. "MY BABY. MARIANA" the couple three themselves to the floor, laying the girl's limp body on their laps. "en dugas, tuas, animos" kai began to chant, his voice shaky. his daughter wasn't dead. he refused. "en dugas, tuas, aminos. en dugas, tuas, aminos! EN DUGAS, TUAS, AMINOS" he yelled, crying. nothing. nothing happened. he let his hysterical sobs escape him, holding onto his daughter.

kira cried in the arms of her mother. allison cried in the arms of isaac; who was sobbing. scott sobbed uncontrollably. this couldn't be happening. "mariana?" everyone looked towards the weakened boy. lydia had an arm wrapped around his waste to support the boy while his arm was wrapped around her shoulder. the girl helped the boy walk to the parker family.

"no. no. no. no. no. no" the tears were immediately. he threw himself to the floor. "mariana" he cried. "mariana wake up! WAKE UP" he begged. "MARIANA!" he sobbed. this was all his fault. mariana was dead because of him. she was gone. the only sound heard in the woods were the sobs of mourning. this couldn't be real they all told themselves. but it was. mariana was gone. mariana was dead. and there was no going back.
-
-
-
-
she's dead. dead as hell. what shoes she got on????? 💀