𝟎𝟐𝟑. 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐀

IT FELT LIKE A FEVER DREAM

one second she was there, the next, gone. stiles sat on his bed, his elbows resting on his knees. he rubbed his hands over his face a few times. a knock on the door took the boy out of his thoughts. his head snapped up, expecting his father. "come in, dad" he told him, lowering his head back down staring at the floor, zoned out.

the door opened and closed but he paid no mind. that was until the silence, making him lift his head, going stunned. mariana stood there, her arms crossed "your dad let me in" she softly spoke. "he said after seeing me, he had to go to the station to change my uhm...yeah..." her voiced drifted off. "apparently you guys went to the station to report it."

"that's kinda what you do when someone dies." he replied, looking down. she knew what he was thinking. it was stiles, in such a sort count of time she had learned so much about him and what he's like. "it wasn't your fault, stiles"

"i stabbed my best friend, put isaac in the hospital, almost killed coach, almost got allison killed, and i actually got you killed"

"but that wasn't you, stiles"

"but i saw everything he did. i saw... i saw the way you looked at me. i saw how scared you were you that night. i saw how much trust you lost in me. i saw it all."

mariana made her way to the bed, sitting down next to him. she untangled the fingers he was playing with, intertwining their hands. he looked at her, his heartbeat skipping a beat. mariana softly smiled hearing it. she looked into those dazzling eyes that she loved so much.

"this wasn't your fault. this all happened because of me. void chose you because of me. this was my fight. scott is okay. coach is okay. allison is okay... i'm okay. i chose to do what i did. i did it for you. our bond...it was curse at first. one where you would die in every lifetime we met. i had to break it. i couldn't deal with losing you. i would do anything for you stiles."

she hesitated for a moment before she spoke. "...i love you...stiles. i'm in love with you." she barley uttered out. but the boy heard. he did a double take, thinking his mind was playing tricks on him "what?"

"i love you, stiles stilinski. i love you then, i love you now, and i will always love you. for as long as i live." speechless. for once in his life, stiles stilinksi was speechless. he quickly snapped back to reality. she loved him. mariana celeste parker loved stiles stilinski."i love you, mariana parker. always have, always will."

he leaned in, taking his free hand to cup the side of her face. she leaned in as well, connecting their lips. in that moment, they both felt peace. no butterflies, no fireworks, no nagging feelings in their stomach. just peace. two souls connecting into one. because that's who they were. one soul, one heart.

he pulled away, "say it again" he told her. she smiled, laughing as he softly shook her head. "i take it back"

"too late, you're stuck with me" he said, giving her another kiss. "mmm, i love you" she smiled. "i love you so much" the boy replied, leaning in to kiss her yet again. the next few hours consisted of 'i love you's and kisses along with talking about how much they hated each other when they first met. they talked about everything. everything. that night, it was just them two. no one else in the world mattered.

〖➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵〗

the next morning, the whole pack got together at the parker household. "was this team meeting necessary?" the lahey boy questioned as he sat on the couch. "yes, so shut up cause i have something to say to you dumbfucks" the quadbrid replied. the teens got settled in, looking towards the girl.

"i wanted to thank you guys. for saving stiles and for taking a chance on me when i first got here. growing up in the family i did, i never got to experience what an actual family was. until i met all of you. i may have hated stiles, scott, and allison but now i love you guys more than you know. i would do anything for any of you guys. there is nowhere else in the world i could've gone, i was meant to be here. so thank you. for showing me what a family truly is. if finding you guys meant having to relive my life, i'd do over and over every single time."

her words brought smiles to everyone's faces. they all looked around, silently appreciating each other. they were a pack. no matter the time, no matter the place, they would always be there for each other. always. with everything that they had gone through, before mariana and after; they had each other. they would always have each other.

"you were my first real friend, i'd do anything for you" kira told the girl. "and you were the first person to make me feel valid." issac said after. "and you're my first real girlfriend, so i win" stiles said in his stiles-like manner, sitting back and wrapping an arm around his girl. and it felt so good to say that. his girl.

"actually, i win. do you even know how bad your freshman and sophomore year crush was on me?" the martin girl questioned. "stiles in love with lydia? i have got to hear this" mariana laughed. and there they were. together and happy. just seven friends. no evil spirits, no supernatural threats, no problems. just them. and that's how it would be for a long time.

at least. that's what they thought.

that night, 1,945 miles away, almost halfway across the nation, hope mikealson felt something. she took off her headphones and watched as the flowers in in the vase on her night stand died. her plan worked. her father had retuned home. and with the two other original siblings—rebekah and elijah—within the same state boundaries, the voices started in their minds.

mariana woke up from her sleep, looking down at the boy passed out next to her. she felt something. a warning. she felt her ancestors whispering in her head.

"danger"

"the mikaelsons"

"hope"

"the hollow"

over and over again, the whispers warned her. with one small breath of focus, the shut them up. the girl carefully left the boys room without a single creek of wood under her feet. with her being, the girl could leave in the blink of an eye without making a single noise. she went to the beacon hills preserve. she sat on the ground, crossing her legs and closing her eyes.

she took deep breaths and started meditating. with her power, the girl let herself see the visions. hayley marshall unconscious in an alleyway. rebekah mikaelson on her way to new orleans. klaus greeting freya. klaus and elijah fighting. and there was one more vision of a woman. curly red hair with a murderous aura. the girl opened her eyes. something was going on in new orleans. and it had to do with the hollow.

the same hollow that tortured her and her soulmate. the same hollow that brought the nogitsune back to life. the same hollow that creates void stiles. the same hollow that tried taking everything from her. once again, the girl was entering a battle. her battle. and mariana knew one thing for sure. she was going to kill the hollow and be rid of her for good.

END OF BOOK TWO.

-

-

-

i really don't know if i want to have stiles kiss malia in this book but it was be good for the plot 😫