𝟎𝟏𝟎. 𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐔𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 [𝐏𝐓. 𝟏]

"SO WHEN DID YOU GET THERE?" stiles, scott, lydia, mariana and kria now sat in the sheriff's office

stiles, scott, lydia, mariana and kria now sat in the sheriff's office. the five where being interrogated by agent mccall. to say mariana was bored was an understatement. "at the same time" stiles answered. "at the same time as who?"

"as the same time as me" scott replied. "by coincidence?"

"what do you mean coincidence?"

"that's what i'm asking you. the two of you arrived at the same time. was that coincidence?"

"are you asking me?" said the werewolf. "i think he's asking me" the sarcastic boy said. "i think he's asking both of you" lydia interjected. "hold up" mariana finally spoke, earning everyone's attention. "so they saved me from a pyscho murderer and you're focused on the fact that they got there at the same time?"

"okay, let me answer the questions" the man interrupted. "great! so why you are you such a fu-" stiles quickly covered the girl's mouth. the teens and sheriff stilinski stood in silence. "let me ask the questions. just so i have this absolutely clear: barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill mariana. then barrow took mariana to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town?"

"sounds about right"

"how did you know he'd take her to a power station?"

"cause he was an electrical engineer. so where else would he take her?"

"that's one hell of a deduction there, stiles"

"yeah, what can i say? i take after my pops. he's in the law enforcement" the boy winked at his father, causing the man to snort. he covered it up with a cough, "stiles just uh..just answer the man"

"what's there to answer?" mariana began. "barrow was an electrical engineer. what'd you expect? for him to take me to the reserve and gut me like a fish? he attempted to kill me in the only way he knew how. electricity. don't be so sour that they figured it out before you. that says a lot about your work, agent" the man looked at her with a blank expression, then to kira and scott. "what were the two of you doing?"

"eat pizza" - "eating sushi"

"eating sushi" - "eating pizza"

"eating sushi and pizza"

"you believe this?" the agent asked the sheriff, looking back at him. "to be honest, i haven't believed a word stiles has said since he learned how to speak. but i think the kids found themselves in the right place at the right time and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it"

〖➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵〗

"you're kidding" mariana told danny, catching the attention of her strawberry blonde friend. the boy shook his head, turning his attention back to his assignment. the girl turned around "what?"

"danny said he's gonna cancel the party" lydia's mother appeared next to the girls, talking with her daughter and gaining the attention of ethan. the boy appeared on lydia's side and rested his arms on the table once ms. martin walked away. "why does your mom teach biology?" he asked the martin child.

"cause mr. harris used to teach bio but he got a new occupation. what was it again, lyds? oh that's right, human sacrifice. that's his new occupation, being dead" the red head smiled at her friend's words. "what? i didn't kill him" the boy tried to justify. the girl simply ignored him. "lydia, what?"

the girl finally looked up, looking at the boy. "last night, my friends and i helped save someone's life. and that life happened to be one of my best friend's. and that felt really good. and i look at you...and all i can see is that you helped kill boyd. you're not just a bad boy. you're a bad guy" the boy didn't reply. he simply left the girls table, leaving them be.

"i'm sorry lyds, i know you really liked him"

"it's okay mar. not all of us can reincarnate with a soulmate. teenage boys are exhausting" she replied. the girl rolled her eyes, "i thought you dropped that'"

"please, i will never drop that" the girls smiled, going back to their assignments. "psst. mariana, lydia" the girl turned back around, looking at danny. "party's back on"

〖➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵〗

stiles parked his jeep next to scott who had brought kira. the two hopped off his bike and walked up to the stilinski boy. "okay, this one will get you into all of the perimeter doors, this one to the evidence room, and this one's from my father's office" he explained, handing them card keys. "you didn't steal these, did you?" the werewolf asked.

"no. i just cloned them using the RFID emulator"

"is that worse than stealing?"

"...it's smarter" the raven haired girl pulled scott to the side. the two had a small conversation before they walked back to the jeep.

"okay. so, now almost everybody's out dealing with the blackout, okay. but there's always somebody at the front desk. dispatch, usually a night shifter or two. you guys are gonna use the service enternece by the dumpster. all right? nobody uses it. now, i'll text you if anyone comes out. but, scott, if you get caught, i can't help you. my dad's under investigation for an impeachment because of your dad, so, if anything happens, i will run, take mariana with me, and leave you both for dead."

"got it. thanks, seriously dude"

"i'd ask my dad, you know, but..."

"no? i know. i get it"

"all right just uh, hurry up"

the pair entered the station, leaving mariana and stiles alone. "one conversation with scott and now she's corrupted. they're really breaking into the station during a blackout?" the girl spoke as she looked at stiles. "yes and for good reason too" he replied. "which would be?"

"she took...pictures of herself"

"pictures like...pictures?"

"mhm" the boy replied. "wow. guess kira isn't so innocent at all" the girl said. the two sat in silence for a while. it was weird. stiles had been so worried about mariana yet, there was still a wedge between the two. mariana went back to the night her friends became surrogate sacrifices. that was the night the hollow was able to make its first move.

"hey stiles?" before the boy could reply, a car pulled up, earning his attention more than the girl. "ah hell" the boy took out his phone, texting scott and warning him of agent mccall's arrival.

the man entered the building "okay, i'm so going to regret this" he said, exiting his vehicle and leaving mariana behind. the girl sighed. she just wanted to forgot about this whole night. the girl took out her phone, dialing the one person she knew would pick up. "hey, think you can stop by the station? i feel like partying"