𝟎𝟐𝟏. 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐀𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐄

MARIANA ENTERED HER HOME

MARIANA ENTERED HER HOME. HER parents sat on the couch, simply talking and laughing. "i did something" the girl announced, walking up to the two. the couple looked towards their daughter, brows furrowed. "what do you mean?" kai asked. "i went to deaton and asked him to kill me. and he did. kind of"

"what?!"

"let me explain before you go ballistic. i had to balance life and death. it was the only way i could meet the people that literally created me. i had to find a way to save stiles. and i did"

"isn't that supposed to be a good thing?"

"something has to happen in order for me to save him. and you're not gonna like it."

〖➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵〗

the girl was placed on the metal table in the center of the clinic. "what happened?" the vet asked the pair. "she saved her friend" elaina answered the man. "we knew this would happen, she needed us to play the part" kai said. "play the part for what?"

"mariana came to us the day they found stiles, the day she went inside his head. she said she needed to make a sacrifice in order to save him. the sacrifice was her. she said her original self did it once and she suppressed her own powers, so sacrificing herself this time around would do the opposite. it was her sacrifice that made the curse and this sacrifice that'll break it" kai explained. "she knew her friends wouldn't want to risk it so she decided to keep it from them."

"how was she so sure?" the man asked the parker couple. "because her creators said it themselves: her soul knew what was needed to be done but her heart wouldn't let her accept it"

"i can see you brought her here for a reason. i suspect i play a part in her plan?"

"a crucial one. no one can know she's here. we'll put a barrier and protection spell around her body and set it to break when she comes back. elaina and i need to leave beacon hills and go meet a man named alaric. when a person comes back as a wolf or vampire, their senses and emotions are heightened beyond understanding. mariana is gonna come back as both. as long as her emotions don't get the best of her, the witch side won't go crazy and her magic won't hurt anyone. she trusts you and for that, we trust you. please. take care of our daughter."

"you have my word." he vowed. elaina handed him two grimoires made of leather. "these are the two most important spell books she needs to read when she comes back. leave this page open, it's basic offensive magic. make sure her mind is clear. tell her we're on our way to alaric, she'll know what to do"

〖➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵〗

the girl woke up with a gasp. she was back in the clearing. this time, there weren't any graves. the girl stood up, looking down at herself. her shirt had no cut, she wasn't hurt at all. "celeste" the girl turned around. she was met with four beautiful women. the first woman was fair skinned and had vibrant orange-red curled hair. her eyes were a deep orange. she wore a simple, thin, leg-length dress. it was red. the other three women wore identical dresses in different colors.

the second woman was dark skinned with lucious curls. she had flowers placed throughout her hair. her eyes were a breath taking hazel-emerald color. her dress was an earthy green. the next woman was beautifully tanned with long, dark hair. her eyes were a mesmerizing sky blue. her dress was a deep ocean blue. the last woman was light skinned with brown, braided hair. her eyes were a soft grey. her dress was white. "we've been expecting you" the woman with braids said.

"who are you?" she asked. they smiled, a few softly chuckled. "we're the ones who gave you life. we created you in order to defeat hades and you did not disappoint. you fell in love with a mortal after the battle was won. stiles died in war years later and you sacrificed your true self to get him back. the sacrifice bonded your souls for all of eternity. sadly, that bond also placed a curse. stiles fate would always be death. in any lifetime. now it was you who died. but not in vain"

"you have lived for eons, your powers suppressed as you walked amongst mortals. in every life time, you have met and fallen in love with stiles. your soulmate's fate laid in the hands of the nogitsune. you and you alone are the only one who can defeat it." the fair skinned woman explained.

"how?"

"the scribe. you cannot be both fox and wolf. an alpha bite would kill the nogitsune but it would lead to your curse to return. this isn't the nogitsune against your pack. it's the nogitsune against you. your bite can break the curse for good. and for that, you need to revive as what you were meant to always be. save stiles. it is now in your power."

the girl woke up with a gasp. deaton rushed to the girl. "mariana. mariana you need to calm down. everything you feel is at its peak" her eyes flashed a vibrant purple as power coursed through her veins. she felt her bottom canines extract as well as her top fangs. she heard the strong wind howling outside. the barking of the dogs in the clinic pounded in her ears. she felt the death in beacon hill memorial. she felt the life that flowed through the trees in the preserve.

she could smell the thick, velvet blood of the emissary in front of her. the euphoric rush soon faded and her eyes shifted back to their beautiful blue, her teeth retracting. she looked down at her lower half, looking through the hole of her blood stained shirt. she healed. it worked. mariana celeste parker was a true quadbrid. and for the first time, mariana uttered one word and one word only. "stiles."

〖➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵〗

"offensive magic" the vet spoke, handing her the opened book. "everything you need to head into this fight. your parents made it clear that your mind needs to be focused when you cast your spells. they are most likely with alaric now. you were out almost the whole day" mariana nodded, flipping through the pages of the book, looking for a spell in particular.

"found it" she spoke. "deaton, i need you to get me a map of beacon hills and any powered substance, it doesn't matter what, just as long as it can be manipulated easily" the man nodded, walking out of the room.

mariana looked through the drawers, stopping when she found scalpels. "this is as good as it gets, i guess" she spoke to herself. she took of the flannel that belonged to stiles, ripping a piece of fabric off with a swift motion all thanks to her newfound strength. deaton came back with the map and grey sand. the girl placed the map on the table, pouring the sand around in a circle.

she sliced her palm with the scalpel, letting the blood drip around the map. she closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. she opened them, her eyes flashing to their vibrant purple. the corners of the map ignited into flames yet it did not burn.

"phasmatos tribum, nas ex veras, sequitas sagnium, sequitur. phasmatos tribum, nas ex veras, sequitas sagnium, sequitur." the girl chanted. the sand began to move, gliding across the map. "phasmatos tribum, nas ex veras, sequitas sagnium, sequitur."

the flames died out and the sand stopped moving, she looked at the map, beacon hills high school circled. "they're at the school" she mumbled. she looked up at the man who had witnessed everything in awe. he had met mariana when she was just a mere human. he was amazed at the power she now held. "deaton, thank you. for everything. now i gotta go save stiles"