Ch. 6 | First Adventure?

- After your conversation with Harrison a week ago, Max just wouldn't leave you alone. Anywhere. And it was very, very annoying. - 

- You yawned in your sleeping bag and rolled onto your side. You just wanted to sleep a little more before a day of endless activities could begin. But unfortunately, someone didn't want to let you do that. And even more unfortunately, that person was Max. 

"Come on, Max! I'm exhausted, let me sleep a little longer. PLEASE." You hissed sluggishly. Max continued shaking you mercilessly. "No. Nikki, Neil, and I are going on a trip. There's no way I'm keeping you here alone. Not with that dick Harrison." You grumbled "It's too early. Way too early," You pulled the cover of your sleeping bag over your head and yawned. "Y/N, get up," Max snapped.

"Uuughhh."

He grabbed the end of the sleeping bag, picked it up, and flipped it over. You hissed as you dropped out of it. "I'm actually going to murder you, Max." He sneered "I'd like to see you try." You grabbed his ankle and yanked with all your might. He fell backwards with a muffled grunt. You crawled on top of him and poked his ribs repeatedly. "Are you dead yet?" You asked. He grabbed your shoulders and rolled you over so he was the one on top of you. 

He was about to start poking your ribs but he froze. "Yeah, this looks weird." He stood up and jumped over you. "Awe, I was about to hit you and everything," You stood up and brushed yourself off. "So, what camp are we focusing on today?" You asked. Max shrugged "Dunno. Not like we're gonna stick to find out, though." You groaned inwardly. "Get dressed, I'll meet you in the mess hall in five minutes. No weird shit."

You rolled your eyes "Aye aye, captain." After he left the tent, you pulled on a some sweatpants, a black shirt, and black sneakers, then peeked out of the tent entrance. Nobody was outside. The sun was barely up. "Okay, mission impossible." You tiptoed out of the tent and over to the mess hall where Max was waiting.

You creaked open the door slightly and slid through the you-sized opening. Max, who was sitting in a dark corner, instantly looked up. He sighed with relief when he saw you. "Did anyone see you come here?" He asked. You scoffed "Don't make this too secretive. It makes me feel like I'm a criminal." Max lifted his eyebrows "Yeah, yeah. Did anyone see you?" He pressed. "No. Nobody."

"I don't think," you rubbed your neck awkwardly. "Ugh, if someone finds us, that's on you." He stood up and walked over to you. "Uh, what're you doing?" You asked, backing away. "Relax, princess" He rolled his eyes and grabbed your arm "You're slow. I'm dragging you now."

He opened the door a bit and peeked outside. "All clear, move in." He shot outside and into the trees, dragging you with him. "Max, slow down!" You shouted when you were far enough from the camp. He stopped in his tracks and let you go. "Where are they?" He panted angrily. You looked around "Nikki and Neil, or..?" Max looked up impatiently "Who else, jackass?" He shifted his gaze. You folded your arms and frowned "They're clearly not here," you pointed-out.

"Ugh. They can't keep track of time, can they?" Max sat down and yawned. You sat down beside him. "What were we supposed to do, anyways?" He cupped his hand under his chin and gazed ahead. "I was-" He stopped himself instantly, then continued awkwardly "-WE were gonna go to the Woodscouts' side of the lake to get.. something." You rolled your eyes. "To get what?" 

"Something."

You and Max waited for a while, chatting, until he finally had enough and stood up. "Let's just go. They obviously aren't coming." You stood up as well "Not anytime soon, no," You agreed. Max grabbed your arm and dragged you over to the dock discreetly. He hopped into a boat and dragged you after him. He looked at the bottom of the boat "Well! That's convenient." He lifted the paddles he found and started rowing the boat over to a shadowy island. 

You looked ahead at the island. It gave you an uneasy feeling that you couldn't shake away. Looking over your shoulder, you sneaked a glance at the dock, stomach churning. What was going to happen at this sketchy island?