Ch. 15 | Rainy Day

- You pulled your hood over your head, you had no way of drying your hair and you didn't want the rain to soak it. Everybody was huddled in the Counselors Cabin since they were locked out of the Mess Hall. Courtesy of Quartermaster falling asleep in the kitchen. It was your idea to let him sleep, and the campers wanted to stay with David and Gwen since they had a TV. You hopped across the muddy floor and into the Counselors Cabin. You were grateful that everybody was back to normal, ignoring you. The usual. 

But they were all just staring mindlessly at the TV. Jerry Springer probably. Gwen was screaming all sorts of inappropriate things and David was fast asleep on the couch with earplugs in. "This show is kind of ass" Preston said, rolling his eyes. "I'm not one to agree with Preston, but I agree with Preston," Neil piped up, pointing at him. Nikki was staring at the TV with stars in her eyes. "They're wrestling!" She cheered, clutching onto a pillow. "I saw.. lady parts about 15 times," Nurf said.

Everybody nodded. "Well, this is my TV. So I decide what we watch," Gwen snapped. You sighed and settled down next to Nikki and Harrison, who were sitting beneath the couch. "What'd I miss?" You asked. Harrison scoffed, "cheating guys, cheating guys, and more cheating guys." Neil, who was sitting above them, folded his arms. "And don't forget cheating guys." Nikki slapped her pillow over Harrison's head, "and fighting!" She added. You bit back a laugh.

"Where's Max?" You asked, changing the subject for Harrison's sake. He rolled his eyes and stared shuffling cards. "Sleeping," Neil said, pointing behind David. "He's sleeping behind David?" You asked, snickering. "Yeah, he said he wanted peace." You climbed up beside him and looked behind David. Max' forehead was pressed against Davids back. "Wow, that's a sight." You pulled your phone out of your pocket and snapped a picture. "I'm never gonna let him live this down."

"And I hope you don't," Harrison said. Nikki and Neil agreed. Everybody started screaming out of nowhere, you looked at the TV instantly, and your cheeks flushed. "Gah! Naked lady!" You slapped your hands over Nikki's eyes. "I wanna see! Does she have battle scars like me?" Nikki complained. Harrison covered his own eyes and slapped his hand over yours. "Is it over yet?" You asked after five seconds. Nikki shook your hand away and looked at the TV. "Yep!" You let out a sigh of relief and glanced skeptically at the TV. No naked people. 

"..Bleh, why does Gwen like this stuff?" Harrison asked, snorting. You shrugged and looked around for the remote, it was beside Gwen. "Mission impossible," you slithered around the other kids, crouched down, and reached the other end of the couch unseen. Sitting up, you peeked over the armrest at Gwen. Her eyes were still glued to the TV and her pupils were huge. With one quick move, you snatched the remote from beside her and slithered back over to Neil, Nikki, and Harrison. "Got the remote!" You whisper-shouted. Not that you needed to though. The people on the TV were screaming at each other anyways.

Nikki snatched it and changed the channel to some wrestling thing, then flung the remote over her shoulder. "What the- who the fuck changed the channel?" Gwen sat up and glared at the kids. All eyes went to Nurf, who was sitting with his back to the TV, he turned around. "What?" Gwen narrowed her eyes, "Nurf- did you change the channel, because I swear to god almighty if you did.." Nurf folded his arms. "Why do adults do that? Like, if you ask them something you're gonna get them in trouble for, they're obviously not gonna tell you." Everybody started clapping.

"..But in all seriousness- no." Everybody turned and looked at Nikki. "Well, it wasn't me," she said, patting herself down. "No remote." Gwen groaned loudly, "if someone doesn't give me the remote I swear to god I will starve each and every single one of you." The room turned into complete chaos, Nikki leading. "What the- you can't! How will I live if I can't eat?!" Max rolled out from behind David, yawning. "What's.. going on?" He asked, rubbing his eyes. Nikki grabbed him and pulled him into her so their faces was an inch away from each other. "Gwen is threatening to starve us, Max! You can't let her! YOU JUST CAN'T!"

"Unless?" He rose an eyebrow. "Unless we give her the remote! And we don't know where the remote is! Someone find the remote! Where's the remote?!" She shook him violently. "You wouldn't dare," Max glared at Gwen. "Not that you eat the food anyways," you snorted. "I care for my peers," he replied, shrugging. You picked up the remote, which was landed on the windowsill behind the couch when Nikki threw it, then you reached out and put it in Gwen's lap. "You're welcome." She glared at you, "Y/N! Why did you-" She began sternly. "I did it!" Harrison, Nikki, and Max all said at the same time. 

You tried to stay serious for their sake, but you couldn't help but smile. They were willing to get in trouble for you. They glared at each other and started whispering, then Nikki straightened and stared levelly at Gwen. "I did it." Gwen blinked and stared lecturing the heck out of Nikki while everybody watched. You snatched the remote and changed the channel back to Springer before the counselor could react. Gwen instantly snapped her head around and her pupils enlarged.

"Mission successful," you and Nikki high-fived. Neil and Harrison clapped. "Congratulations" Harrison said, nodding. He took off his hat and pulled a rose out of it, then handed it to you. "You deserve this for your outstanding performance." Max growled softly, and Neil gave him a don't start with this look. You stifled a giggle and stroked his head for a second, "thank you, thank you." 

THIS CHAPTER IS SHORT IK BUT I NEED TO POST SOMETHING AA

also the beginning of.. something.