Ch. 21 | Quiet-time

N/N: Nickname

Max's POV:

- 15 minutes. 15 minutes flew by before they finally came out. "What were you guys doing in there?" I asked, stuffing my hands into my pockets. Nice hoodie. "Inspecting," one of them said. They walked straight past us and over to the stage. Y/N got up and started rushing after them, so I followed her. Everyone got up and marched after us. Y/N tugged my sleeve anxiously. "What?" 

"Do you think they're gonna take him away?" She asked. Mm.. probably. I shrugged and looked at Campbell, who was showing the guys the stage. "What are they talking about?" I asked, trying to change the subject. "Let's find out" she responded, linking my arm with hers and dragging me over to them. "What're you guys talking about?" Y/N asked cheerfully. I could feel her shaking, though. She was shaking. Why is she shaking? I brushed it off and looked up at Cameron, waiting for a response.

"Hygiene," Cameron said, clearly disgusted. "Oh," Y/N paused and looked sideways for a second before looking over at me. "Wanna go do something fun?" She asked desperately. Like what? My face started heating up. "What're we gonna do?" I asked, blinking. "We're going to Spooky Island," she said. Lightning struck in the distance. Why does it keep on doing that? "Oh." Y/N dragged me over to the dock and jumped into a boat, taking me with her. "I can row" I offered.

"Alright," she picked her way to the front and gripped the edges of the boat. I picked up the paddles and started rowing us to the island. "What are we doing here?" I asked when we reached our destination.  "I want to introduce you to somebody," she responded, dropping the anchor and hopping off the boat. I jumped after her and she led me through the island. "Oh, Jasper?"

Y/N froze and looked at me. "How do you know-" She blinked, then continued walking, "Oh." I rose an eyebrow. "Wait, you know Jasper?" She snorted and led me all the way to the old lodge. "So this is where he hangs out?" I leaned forward. "Sometimes," she climbed up on top of the ashes and looked around. "Jasper!" She shouted. "Hey, N/N!" A squeaky voice greeted.

What the hell. I looked around and saw the kid standing at the bottom of the pile, looking up at her. "Hi!" She slid down and stuck her hand out at me. "You've met Max, right?" He blinked and looked over at me. He didn't see me? "Oh, yeah," he stared at me before scooting over to Y/N. "The infamous-" He looked sideways "-boy?" She nodded and climbed up onto the top of the pile, watching the permanently dark sky. "How have you been?" I stared at her. Damn-

"I've been.. well- I guess," he responded, watching me. "So what's the deal?" Jasper asked, leaning forward. "Wha-?" I shook my head frantically and looked at him. "What's the deal?" He repeated, looking at Y/N. "The deal?" I echoed, confused. "With you and Y/N," he snorted, lowering his voice. "Oh." 

"Y/N!" "Y/N!" She perked up from where she was sitting and looked through the trees. "Eh?" She slid down the pile and walked over to the edge of the island. "Come back!" "Campbell is-"

Third Person / Y/N POV:

Don't tell me, you thought, sprinting off toward the dock. Max shot after you, "what's going on?" he asked between breaths. "I don't know!" You responded, diving into the boat. Max hopped in after you and rowed you back. "What's going on?" You asked Harrison, who was waiting for you. "They're taking Campbell away!" He responded, running off over to the entrance to Camp Campbell where a black van was parked. 

"Oh, fuck me!" Campbell shouted, resisting. The agents were dragging him into the van. "All I did was tell the truth! Excuse me for trying to change my ways!" You watched, mouth dangling open. "Dad!" You ran off to help him, but Gwen stopped you. "Just watch, kid, just watch." She sounded dejected but her eyes were starry. They threw him into the van. "Dad!" You repeated. "Stay put, N/N!" Campbell called. The van drove off, leaving you there, shocked.

"What did he say?" You demanded, whirling around. "That 'he got the children to clean up the entire camp'" Nikki responded. Everyone stared silently at you. "Are you alright, Y/N-" Max asked from behind you. "I'm fine!" You snapped, storming over to your tent and collapsing into your bed. You could hear the campers arguing outside before someone, presumably David, shushed them.

You grabbed your pillow and stuffed it onto your face. Not again, if mom finds out.. its over. Your eyes started stinging. Don't cry. Don't cry. She wont find out. "Y/N?" Nikki peeked into your tent. You threw the pillow down beside you. "Y-yeah?" Your vision blurred. "Um.. do you need a hug?" She sat down on the edge of the bed. You stayed silent, so she just pulled you into her and wrapped her arms around your back. "It's okay, Y/N."

"If my mom finds out, I'm never coming back here again," you muttered, rubbing your eyes. "Why?" She asked. "Campbell and my mom are divorced, if she found out that he was the founder of this camp, and that he's here on a regular basis.." you trailed off, and the tears finally came. "Damn it! Damn it!" You pulled away from her and held your head in your hands, sobbing uncontrollably. 

Nikki rubbed your back. "It's okay," she repeated. You shook your head and inhaled sharply. "I think.. I think I wanna be alone." Nikki slid off the bed and held her hand out to you. "You won't get any privacy here," she pointed out softly. You looked up slowly and set your hand in hers. "Come on," she pulled you to your feet and led you outside to the treehouse. 

"I'll.. go now," she said, backing away. "See you later," you responded quietly, climbing up the ladder and dropping down into your beanbag. I need to tell them, I need to make a decision.. I need to.. I need to.. -