Ch. 16 | Mud Outside

- The rain came and went, and it brought mud. "Max! Look!" You said, peeking out of the Counselors Cabin. You heard Max walk up behind you and felt his chin rest on your head. "What?" He yawned. "Mud!" You and Max were instantly pushed sideways and you looked up to see Nikki. "What gives?!" Max snapped, glaring at her. "There's.. mud," she said, walking outside mindlessly. "Is she being possessed?" You asked, looking out after her. "How should I know?" Max asked, ruffling his hair and yawning. "It was a rhetorical question," you snorted.

Nikki started rolling around in the mud, squealing. "Jesus Christ, Nikki!" Harrison's voice sounded behind you. Max turned and gave him a death glare. "Come on Max, it's literally-" You pulled your phone out of your pocket and checked the time. "-8:35 in the morning." Harrison snorted. "Yeah, way too early for a marital dispute." Max growled under his breath and wrapped his arms around your waist. "Jealous much?" You wiggled around and pinched his cheeks. "Bleh, don't flatter yourself, princess." 

"Please. It's the truth," you rolled your eyes. Harrison pulled you out of his arms and stuck his tongue out at him. A clump of mud struck him in the face and he fell backwards. You and Max stared at him for a split second, then Max burst out laughing. Another clump of mud struck him too, and he instantly shut up. "Jesus, Nikki!" You snapped your head around and stared outside. "You're welcome," she said, rolling a chunk of mud in between her hands and tossing it up. "Double kill?" You bounced outside, gagging. "This feels so gross to walk on," you snapped.

"Welcome to the great outdoors, Y/N." You hesitantly lifted your foot and looked under your shoe. "Ugh, I hate-" You began. A giant glob of mud hit you smack on the forehead, causing you to stumble backwards, but someone caught you. "You have no footing," Harrison snorted. "Thank you for that information," you said, rolling your eyes. "No problem." Max was tip-toeing outside, scowling. David was following him, and he instantly slipped and crashed onto the ground face-first. "I'm not involved," Nikki rose her hands and backed into the bushes. "David?" You scrambled over to him and poked the top of his head. 

Nothing. You crouched down in front of him.

"David, Max said he loves yo-" He instantly shot up and looked around, mud streaked on his face. "Max?!" You snorted and carefully stood up. Max glared at you, "Lies!" He snapped. You glared right back at him. "Harrison heard you, too!" He turned and gave Harrison a death glare. "I did." Max groaned and you and Harrison high-fived. "That's just golden," David said, smiling.

"I thought you loved me!" Max complained. "Oh, I do," you ruffled his hair and laughed. "Yeah, right." He folded his arms and rolled his eyes. "I do," you pulled him down by his hood and kissed his forehead. "I love you." :) -

(A/N: For now on, these chapters are going to be way shorter since I don't have enough time to write full chapters anymore.)