Ch. 29 | A Dreaded Phone Call

The insults in this chapter don't reflect my personal opinions. And it might get a tad bit.. out of hand. If you're sensitive to stuff like that, the good ol' ⚠  sign'll help you out.

- The new camp had been rebuilt in two days. All the stuff had been recovered, and you and the campers started to treat this new camp as if it were the first. You woke up with Max desperately trying to comb your hair. It would stick out in the morning and according to him, it was "soooo unattractive, especially for someone like you." He froze when you opened your eyes. "Uhm.."

"Good morning," you said, sitting up. "Morning, sunshine," he tried to lure your attention away from his actions by kissing your forehead. "It hurts whenever you do it," you muttered, snatching the hairbrush from him and combing your hair on your own. "I'm extra careful though!" He complained, narrowing his eyes. You finished combing your hair and flung the brush. 

Max reached under his bed and grabbed a shirt identical to the one he was already wearing. He pulled his off and tossed it at you, then pulled on the other pair. "Yay!" You grabbed it enthusiastically. "You better let me brush your hair next time, or i'll never lend you another shirt again," he threatened. "I oblige!" You shouted, defensively holding up your hands.

"Good." Max gave you a peck on the cheek and pulled on his hoodie. "See you in 5?" He asked, getting up from the bed. "See you in 5," you repeated, waiting for him to leave before taking off your own shirt and changing into his. It was way bigger than you and the bottom reached your inner thighs. You grabbed a scrunchie out of your bag and messily tied your hair up.

You shuffled through your bag, trying to find nice bottoms. You settled on a casual pair of jean shorts and switched from your pajama-pants to the shorts. "Perfect," you slid on your sandals, grabbed three cereal bars, and walked out to the Mess Hall where Max, Nikki, and Neil were chatting at your usual table. You sat down at the table and handed Neil a bar.

"Oh my god, I love you." Neil savagely unwrapped the bar and started taking merciless bites. Max unwrapped his completely and stuffed the whole thing into his mouth. "Want one, Nikki?" You looked over at her. "I'm alright, i'm stuffed." She pointed at her empty tray. "She had us time her before you got here" Neil snorted between bites. Max, who was still chewing, nodded. 

Nikki placed her hands on her hips. "I'll beat my high-score," she insisted absently. You unwrapped the extra bar you had and took a huge bite before stuffing it into your pocket. "So what're we doing today?" You asked. "I think we're doing something with the Flower Scouts, I don't know what, though" Max responded, swallowing. You looked at Nikki, who was scowling.

"I hate those prissy girls" Nikki muttered, folding her arms. "I don't think they're all that bad," you contradicted quietly. "How?!" Nikki slammed her hands onto the table, standing up in the process. "I don't know, I just don't think their as bad as you describe them," you responded, shrugging. Neil shuddered. "That Tabi girl is just as bad as she's described," he muttered.

"The thirsty one?" You rose your eyebrows. "Yeah, her." Max snorted "..And she's thirsty for someone like Neil" he pointed out teasingly. Neil rolled his eyes. "You're practically glued to Y/N," he shot back. His face flushed and he scooted away from you. "I am not!" He said, pouting. You reached out and ruffled his hair softly. "There's nothing wrong with it," you snorted.

"You're siding with him?!" Max whipped his head around aggressively and glared at you. "It's true," you shrugged. "I will take away your bed-sleeping privileges," he threatened. You instantly pressed against him and wrapped your arms around his. "You wouldn't dare." He glared down at you with those piercing eyes of his. "Oh, I would," his tone was low and explicit.