Ch. 20 | Unknowing

(I love fluff so the first part of this chapter is gonna be..) 

- You muttered sleepily and rolled onto your side. You were instantly greeted by a putrid smell. "Gah! What the hell?" You shot up, pulling your blanket with you. "Morning, sunshine," Max greeted, dropping a plate of green bacon onto your lap. "Did you get this in the local sewer system?" You asked, cringing at the food. "I dunno," he admitted, "they were just serving it." You sighed, "I guess I should be grateful that they added something the menu." Max narrowed his eyes, "something that you're not going to eat."

"Hm, you're right." The guilt you had slept off suddenly washed away all your other emotions. What if he finds out? What if he hurts Harrison again? I love them both, ugh. I can't deci- "Are we having a moment or something?" Max's question jerked you out of your thoughts. You shook your head vigorously and looked forward, instantly meeting his coral-colored gaze. "Agh!" You fell off the bed and landed back first on the floor, legs awkwardly sprawled out against the side of the mattress. "Mmm.. wonderful start to my day."

"You alright?" Max peeked over the edge of the bed and looked down at you. "No- I've fallen and I can't get up," you replied, eyes narrowed. "I'll save you!" He tucked his hands under your arms and lifted you up onto the bed. "Max scores yet again," he collapsed onto the mattress and yawned. You ruffled his hair aggressively. "Fucking Christ!" He fluffed up his hair and gave you one of his famous death glares. Sure as hell gonna give me that look when he finds out.

You folding your arms around his neck and pulled him into a hug. "Where'd this come from?" He asked, wrapping his arms around your waist. "J-just wanted to let you know that I love you. No matter what," you kissed his forehead. He snorted. "Don't get all sappy on me, Y/N." You rolled your eyes. "You like to randomly say I love you, so why cant I?" You gripped his shoulders and shook him vigorously. "Do whatever you want!" He snickered, grabbing your wrists. "Humph," you stuck out your tongue at him. He stared at it for a moment, then tugged on it.

You bit his finger and he let go, allowing you to lean backwards. He did the same, gripping onto his thumb. "What was that for?" You both asked in unison. "I will sue you!" You shot, again, in unison. "Stop copying me!" You two glared at each other. "I'm sorry," you apologized. Again, in unison. You snatched his thumb and kissed his fingernail. "I'm sorry," you repeated. He stayed silent for a couple of seconds before grabbing your face and kissing your nose. "Jesus!" You tried to pull away from him.

"I love you," he muttered, kissing your forehead once more before letting you go. You tumbled off the bed and landed face first this time around. "Gee, thanks!" You said sarcastically. He snorted. "No problem, princess." He grabbed his hoodie and pulled it on, and you pulled a hoodie F/C flannel out of your bag and put it on over your white tee. "You gotta let me pick something out for you sometime, Y/N" Max said hopefully, kicking his legs off the side of the bed. "Ha! Like I can trust you with my clothes," you pulled off your shorts and pulled on a pair of matching F/C flannel pants.

"Mm, you should do that again" Max purred, eyeing you. "No thanks," you tossed your shorts aside and gripped the bottom of his hoodie, forcefully shoving it up over his head. "What the fuck!" The sudden force made him fall backwards, so you took this as an opportunity. You climbed onto his abdomen and grabbed the bottom of his hoodie again, yanking it up a second time. "Jesus fuck! Why are you-" You yanked his sweater one final time, and it flew over his head. When he realized the position you two were in, he tried to play off his surprise by nonchalantly saying hey.

"If you want to pick out my clothes-" you hopped off him and dug through your bag again, pulling out a large light brown bear hoodie. "-You gotta wear this," you pulled it over his head, and he slid the over-sized sleeves through his arms. "I could get used to this," he said, checking himself out in the reflection of your phone, which he somehow just got. "Damn right," you said, narrowing your eyes. He pulled the hood over his head and pulled on the little bear ears. "Awe.. You're adorable," you pinched his cheeks, smiling. You're technically cheating on him.

You pulled on the drawstrings until his nose, mouth and forehead were covered. "I can just eat you up!" You gushed, hugging him to your neck and nuzzling the top of his head. You could feel him heating up under your touch. "You should," he mumbled, cuddling his cheek against your chest. You cuddled there for a while, until Nikki barged in screaming. "Ered's parents are here!" She announced, ripping you two away from each other. "God damn it, Nikki!" Max complained. 

"I can't take you seriously when you're flapping around in a cute over-sized sweater," you said. He whipped around and gave you another death glare, but this time he looked nothing but adorable. You swallowed back a squeal and pulled him into you, kissing him in between the eyes. He glared at you and clawed the hood back to reveal his entire face. "More." You kissed his forehead, "later." He grumbled something under his breath and hopped off the bed. You slid after him. What if he figures out later?

You gingerly grabbed the tip of his sleeve and let him guide you over to the entrance to Camp Campbell where the other campers were gathered. Your father was standing in front of the crowd having a conversation with two men. Everyone turned to look at Max, snickering. "He's adorable isn't he?" You beamed, linking your arm with his and nuzzling your cheek against his shoulder. Everyone fell silent, and all eyes turned to you. "What?" You asked obliviously.

"..And this is my wonderful daughter Y/N," Campbell interrupted, doing jazz hands. "Um, hello. I'm Y/N. His daughter," you also did jazz hands. "Interesting," one of them said. "She's a lot shorter than he described." You narrowed your eyes, "I am not short." Max pressed against you and looked at your shoulder. "She's lying!" Nerris announced. "His shoulder is aligned with her neck!" Preston piped. Everyone started talking. "Can you guys shut up?" Ered shouted.

The crowd instantly stumbled into silence. "My dad is trying to talk," she stuffed her hands into her pockets and flipped her hair. "Which dad?" Nurf asked.  Everybody rolled their eyes. "We need to get past," the blonde one said. (It's more of a dirty blonde but I refuse to add another word) Campbell forced his way through the crowd, clearing a path. The agents followed behind him, and the campers quickly scrambled after them. "What do you think they're here for?" Preston asked. "Maybe their here to arrest Campbell," Dolph said. Everyone started cheering.

"Y/N is right here," Harrison snorted. "If they arrested Campbell, we'd have to get someone beat up," Nikki squealed happily. "Again," Neil added. Campbell led the agents into the Mess Hall, where David and Gwen were talking. "Why, hello campers!" David greeted cheerfully. "What's going on?" You asked. "The Millers are here to make sure that everything's A-OK!" He responded. "And what'll happen if things aren't 'A-OK'" Neil asked, raising his hand. "Then Campbell is gonna get his ass thrown in jail and we're gonna have to come up with some money to fund the camp."

"Didn't he.. learn his lesson?" Nerris asked. "HA! Of course not, he's Cameron Campbell," Gwen snorted. "So what do we do now?" You asked, looking into the window. "Well the only thing we can do is wait," David said, his smile fading anxiously. The campers crowded around the entrance to the Mess Hall, waiting..