Special Chapter 1 |AU|

"Did you hear about what happened to class 1A?"

[m/n] over heard one of his general studies classmates talking amongst themselves.

"Yeah, in USJ right? That's insane"

"Hey, a bunch of us are going to go check them out after class today. See our sports festival competition y'know"

"Yo, [l/n]" he turned his head to face the girl that was calling out to him "wanna join us?"

"No thanks" [m/n] gave a small smile and shook his head

"Alright." She shrugged and went back to talking with her friends.

Sports festival huh? [m/n] sighed and slumped into the chair I really don't wanna join

[l/n] [m/n] had gotten into U.A.'s general studies course and he's completely happy staying there, he wasn't interested in joining the hero course like Bakugou and Midoriya were.

For context, the three of them had gone to the same junior high and were now in the same high school. If memory severs him right, he was pretty sure the two were even in the same class.

Right then their homeroom teacher walked into the classroom and so their day began.

His day went by just the same as any other day since he started school about a month ago. Morning classes, lunch, afternoon class and then taking the bus back home. Except today was little different.

"[l/n]-kun can you stay back after class for bit?"

"Alright" he nodded.

Once the other students were all gone he walked up to his homeroom teacher's desk

"Sorry to suddenly spring this on you, but do you mind taking these books to my office" he pointed at the stacks of books on his desk and a few that couldn't fit on the floor "a meeting suddenly popped up and I have to catch it."

"Oh sure"

"Thanks kid" he smiled at [m/n] before rushing out of class. [m/n] looked at the books, he was gonna need at least three trips, since he won't be able to carry much at once.

Before he started he sent a quick text to his dad saying he was gonna be late so the man wouldn't freak out at him. Again.

Once his phone was back in his pocket he stacked as many books as his arms could handle and began making the trip to the teachers office. He forgot that his class went to check out the 'competition' and it seems other first year classes had the same idea.

"I'm gonna have to figure out how to get through all that..." [m/n] grumbled to himself "damn it..."

He sighed once again and began slowly making his way through the group of students, he notice a mop of wild purple hair standing in front of whole group

Shinsou??

[m/n] shook his head and focused on his task at hand, hopeful the group would clear out by the time he makes his second trip. He didn't want to be here longer than he needed to be. It took a while but we finally able to get past the whole group

Yay!

He tripped on someone's foot and immediately began to fall forward

Son of a—!

He shut his eyes and braced himself for impact but after a few seconds he peered his eyes open to see why he hadn't hit the floor yet.

"You alright man?"

"I..." suddenly all the words from his vocabulary vanished as he stared into the boy's warm red eye, his spiky weirdly styled hair, and comforting toothy smile. "Sorry..." [m/n] cleared his throat and stood up straight.