Special Chapter 2 |AU|

[m/n] stood in front of the cafeteria door, fidgeting with his fingers and taking deep breathes. The night before he had a massive argument with his father, more intense than normal, and went to bed without eating.

He was so frustrated and angry he couldn't fall asleep until 3 in the morning, so like a true champ he ended up waking up late, had to miss breakfast, and didn't have time to pack lunch. So here he was standing in front of the cafeteria entrance for the first time in a blue moon, hungry and tired.

There's a reason he packs lunch, so he wouldn't have to come to a cafeteria, his least favourite place in any school grounds, and could just eat lunch outside or on a roof top—you know, like a true anime protagonist.

After another painful stomach growl, [m/n] sucked it up and walked into the cafeteria.

In and out, you're just gonna go in and out.

[m/n] repeated these words to himself as he got through the process of waiting in line, getting his tray and food, and making his way over to one random table in the corner. He sat down put on his earphone and began eating.

In and out, in and—

"[l/n], hey!" [m/n] jolted and shot his head up to see a familiar flock of spiky red hair smiling down at him

"Oh—Kirishima" [m/n] pulled his earphones out "Hi"

"I don't think I've ever seen you in the cafeteria, this is a nice surprise" the red head chuckled "do you mind if I sit with you?"

"Yeah go ahead" [m/n] gestured to the seat in front of him. "You just finished with your internships right?"

"Yeah, it was really fun!" Kirishima beamed "it was really challenging and hard, but I got to see pros work up close and I learned a lot! It was super cool but now we have to start getting ready for our final exams" he sighed

"No breaks in-between huh?"

"Nope, we'll have a physical test and a proper academic test too, which I'm kinda panicking about"

"...if you want, I can help you study"

"Seriously!?"

"I mean, I have final exams coming up too, so we can like... study together or something." [m/n] shrugged

"Yeah we should, I would really appreciate it" Kirishima grinned.

For the rest of their lunch break Kirishima talked about what he did during his internships, the whole hero killer stain situation—[m/n] would have to keep his opinions about that to himself—and they also decided when and where to meet up for the study sessions.

Maybe he should forget his lunch more often.

.

.

.

[m/n] has been staring at his closet for the past 30 minutes, he had piles of clothes on his chair, bed, and floor.

"Choosing an outfit should never be this hard" [m/n] groaned as he feel back against his bed. He had a study date? Meet up? With Kirishima in a little under and hour and he was still deciding what to wear.

He didn't want to do too much, but also didn't want to show up in sweatpants and a hoodie. Jeez, why was he trying so hard, who was he trying to impress?

Kirishima obviously.

After another 20 minutes [m/n] finally settled on an outfit. He wore simple black jeans, with a white button up shirt and a beige oversized vest. He checked himself out in the mirror and was pleased with it.