{30} Coping Mechanisms

The music was loud, so loud. But that was good, [m/n] wasn't able to think with the bass vibrating through his body. And the beer did well to further numb his thoughts. He sat on the stool by the bar counter, ignoring the sweaty bodies grinding and dancing around him. He focused on the foam that slowly swirled around his cup.

"Why the sad face?" A voice spoke far too close to his ears. [m/n] sighed and turned over to look at the person. He looked to be roughly [m/n]'s age, maybe a year older. His red hair tied up in a pony tail, his grey eyes carefully watching [m/n]. He wore a crop top with very ripped jeans and fishnets underneath.

"And you are?"

"No one important" he smirked, crossing his legs and resting his elbow on the counter. [m/n] huffed out a breath and rolled his eyes. "Don't wanna tell me what's spoiling your mood? I'm a really good listener"

"I don't care."

"Come on, who better to air out all your troubles to than a complete stranger." He leaned close to [m/n] and winked "I can help out in more ways than one"

"You're barking up the wrong tree"

"Am I? I can let my hair down if it'll make me seem more like a girl"

[m/n] scoffed and shook his head. He harshly let the beer can hit the counter and pivoted his body to fully face the other boy

"Alright fine. A guy I was really into pretty much dumped me but we weren't even dating, so how can I be mad? My abusive shit-head of a father came back to my life. Two people I was really starting to open up to got taken away from me. Oh and lemme not forgot about the fact that I'm a wanted criminal."

"Wanted criminals turn me on"

"You irritate me"

"I don't know about your dad or the others, but something that always helps me with a bad breakup is a rebound"

A silence fell over them that was filled with the loud bass filled music, drunk people dancing and slurring the lyrics.

[m/n] clicked his tongue, chugged down the rest of the his beer and left the bar. He walked down the shady street, broken glass on the ground, drug addicts passed out on the road, loud music from the clubs and whore houses filling up the silence.

He turned a corner that lead into an empty alley and he stood there facing the wall.

"What? Won't take me back to yours?"

He turned around to see the boy from the club leaning against the wall of the alley, not standing too far from him.

"My roommates don't like new people."

"Alright then" he chuckled, walking closer to [m/n] until he was just a few inches away him. He reached his hands up to cup [m/n] in the cheek but was stopped when the latter grabbed his wrist. Suddenly he was being pushed up into the wall with [m/n] pressing up against him.

"Dont touch me."

"Fiesty"

[m/n] grabbed the hair tie from the boy's hair and pulled it out, letting the red hair fall and cascade down his shoulders. For the next 15 or so minutes [m/n] moved on autopilot, he tuned everything out and focused on the messy red hair in front of him. Burying his nose in it and pulled harshly at him.

"I'm—I'm starting to think you have—" the boy was cut off by a moan being ripped out of his throat "you have a thing for my hair"

"Shut up—" [m/n] grunted, snapping his hips forward harder, one hand tightening unto the lock of red hair and the other gripping the boy's waist hard enough to leave a bruise. "Shit" [m/n] groaned, bitting down on his lip.