3- I don't know much about you

9th January 1978

Tw- mention of abuse and drug use

And he did call, and four days after that I found myself getting ready to be picked up by his driver to attend one of Queen's famous parties. I wasn't sure why he insisted on having someone pick me up, but he did. I had little clue why I agreed to even go- but I did. Considering the following day was full of important meeting and interviews I couldn't miss, I still told the drummer I would be his plus one, and that's because he had that goddamn charm I couldn't say no to. One that was bound to get me in trouble.

The week leading up to the event had been one slow, full of shoots and meetings. The past seven days were in no way fun or entertaining, but I was looking forward to the night I was about to spend in the company of one of the world's best bands.

It wasn't just the fact Roger was going to be their that excited me, in fact I think the idea of alcohol being their excited more then he did. It was the fact I had been invited to one of Freddie Mercury's parties. I liked Queen more than I would admit to Roger, only because it would feed into his ego that some would say needed knocking.

They'd been the radio's main fix over the past few months, and even the years before that, and by nothing but pure fate I now got to meet the other three band members that had written and performed some of the best tracks I'd heard.

After zipping up the back of my dress and giving myself one last look in the mirror, brushing my hands through my dark curled hair and over my short, low cut dress, one topped by a brown suede jacket, I stepped down the staircase only to be suddenly startled by the phone ringing.

I rushed down the last three steps and into the kitchen to answer it, not entirely sure who could be ringing me at this exact moment of time.

"Hello ?"

"Adelynn ? Hiya, how's things ?" The voice asked. It didn't take me long to realise it was Connie, the girl who owned the title of my best friend. She was probably the person closest to me, but we didn't spend as much time together when our schedule's grew more busy. It seemed fame always got in the way of the of us as we grew up.

"Oh Connie hi. Things aren't bad, how are you ?" I asked, twiddling the cord round my finger with a slight nerve as I peered out the window to see if any cars were suddenly waiting.

"Yeah good. Thought I'd check up on you. It's been a while."

"Oh yeah I'm fine. Don't worry. How are things going for you when it comes to romance ?" I laughed a little, relived that I'd managed to quickly change the subject before peering out the window again as I slipped my shoes on.

"Could be better."

"I'll never understand it. You're so gorgeous, I'll never get why guys aren't leaping for you." She was incredibly gorgeous, she always had been. Even as a kid she was one parents would look at and know she was going to be jaw dropping by the time she was eighteen.

She had hair simply the perfect shade between blonde and brown, and eyes a stunning blue that almost looked green in certain lights. Her lips were not too shallow nor to full, and she'd always been one of the sweetest people I'd know. It would always baffle me every time she told me she hadn't yet been on a date.

"Shush you. You're the bloody model of the two of us. I've got a rich dad and my mums looks, hardly the best girl going am I ?" She laughed. I shook my head, though she of course couldn't see it which is why it made little sense that I did, but I still shook it from side to side in disagreement.

Suddenly, like I'd been expecting, a car pulled up outside and the driver opened his door, meaning that moment in time became one where the had to hang up and leave before I missed the party.