56- how it's ending

12th November 1982

Tw- mentions of abuse

"So boys... the biggest question seems to be what's next ?" The interview smiled, her teeth flashing white as she leaned her microphone towards Freddie, who was sat simply unamused with a cigarette in his hold. He couldn't be less interested in what 'Suzan' had to say.

The four members sat across two sofas, Freddie and John on one as Brian and Roger sat aimlessly on the other. Not one of them had any interest in the women say opposite them in a bright blue suit with her hair sat in a scrunchie on top of her head. I was sat amongst the camera men with obnoxious microphones, not accompanied by any of the other band's partners as they looked after their children.

"Well we're not entirely sure... it's very dependent on what the fans want from us." Brian replied, smiling falsely as Roger's eyes rolled beneath his sunglasses. "We've worked really hard since the bands beginning... and it's not just for us... it's for the fans and what they want."

"Now Freddie there's been several rumours that you're wanting to split from the band... and many pictures in the press have shown your frantic partying without the other band members... what do you have to say to this ?" She smirked slightly as she asked the question, the way Freddie sighed and flicked ash off of his cigarette amusing her slightly,

"I'm staying with Queen- I just like to have fun darling." He laughed as the words slipped from his tongue, like they'd been sat eagerly waiting to hop into the air for too long. Roger simply nodded, the faint ghost of a smile beneath his cheeks as Freddie swivelled out his cigarette in the ash tray.

"Roger... we're all very aware of your relationship with Adelynn Petrov and how it started..." Roger's eyes widened at the mention of my name, a factor of fear hidden as anticipation as his frame wriggled upright. "We're curious to know how it's going... and if we should take no sign of a baby or a ring on her finger as an indication of how it's ending ?"

"It's not ending." Roger's reply was blunt and harsh, as if a knife had cut though the question she'd carefully worded and asked so particularly. She simply chuckled beneath her breath at the replied abruptness as Roger leaned back into the sofa's cushions.

"After learning about her fathers abusive traits and how she was treated as a child does the thought of having a child with Miss. Petrov scare you ?" Now that was too far. That I knew was too far from the look on not just Roger's face- but all their faces. From the way Brian stiffened and cleared his throat, the way John's eyes brows raised and Freddie's eyes rolled was enough to tell me I had a right to be hurt.

Roger's expression seemed hollow. It held nothing. No anger, no denial, no confirmation- nothing. Maybe he just needed process time. I couldn't tell. The only thing clear to me in that moment was the knife in my chest I had to pull out single handedly behind a crowd of camera men and greedy people.

"Why would it scare me ? I think the public are so fascinated with our lives they forget how harsh the reality of living them can be. People get so caught in how we live our lives they barley manage to make an honourable story of their own. I'll get married when we want to get married... and I'll have children when we're ready to have children." Roger nodded as the interviewer smiled falsely, directing her microphone towards Brian as he some what willingly answered several questions about the tour and what was next.

But he didn't have an answer for what was next. Anyone looking at the four of them sat there knew that. There was no enjoyment in them. They all looked so empty and unlike themselves, truly defeated by the buzz of it and seeking something else within not only themselves but the band. It looked as if they all hated eachother more than they hated being sat their- which wasn't exactly a stretch from the truth.