15- this is it now

31st March 1978

An- I shall apologise now in advance :)
Tw- mentions of abuse

When I woke up that morning I had no clue how the day was going to play out, not the slightest idea. And I don't think anything could've prepared me for it to change my life the way it did.

I got up like I usually did, having a short shower before dressing in only a simple dress to match the weather before going to make myself some form of lunch, but I couldn't even get to the fridge before the phone rang. Twice.

Nothing was massively out of place, a phone call in the morning was hardly out of the ordinary. But when another one came straight after it became a little more suspicious. As far as I knew in that moment the day was going to play out like any other, including spending the afternoon with the drummer who insisted on reminding me he loved me every bloody minute, but I couldn't of been more wrong.

I ignored the first call, relived when the blaring ended, only to hear it again seconds later- which is when I decided to answer it.

"Hello ?" I asked, riddled with confusion and slightly tense as I waited to hear a voice.

"Tell me you've seen today's paper Addy." Connie answered, a clear and heavy panic in her tone which seemed to rattle me with nerves.

"No I haven't. I'll grab a copy after lunch. I've only just gotten out the shower..." I chuckled slightly, a laughter consisting of a slight awkwardness and a twinge of fear as a reaction to her somewhat demanding sound. "Why ? What's happened ? Is it about my mum ? Or me ?"

"No no no. I can't tell you. But just... go out and get a copy. I've gotta to work though... I love you hun." She replied hurriedly, my ears meeting a loud beep that told me she's ended the call before I could answer her.

I was extremely confused, and frustratingly panicked. But I had only literally just gotten the chance to eat, and regrettably I decided it was best I had something to eat before I even bothered to deal with the thought of going to get today's paper.

Knowing it didn't have anything to do with me, or my mum, and knowing Connie had been the one to tell me about it- I told myself it couldn't of been anything remotely serious.

But that was only until I heard the phone ring again, loudly echoing through the walls of the house for the third time within a matter of minutes. I let out an annoyed huff, dragging myself back to the wall besides me to lazily pull the phone to my ear again.

"Have you seen it ? The paper ?" Julian's tone was more stressed then Connie's had been, and my panicked mind was now more swarmed that it had been before.

"No... you're the second person to ask me that in the space of about five minutes. What's going on ? Does everything know something I don't ?"

"It's about Roger. Go get a paper. I would be round yours right now but I'm at work. Call me back doll." And with that, just as Connie did, he hung up. But this time I was terrified, and that fear drove me into quickly grabbing my coat and slipping my shoes on before rushing to the nearest store.

I didn't know what I was meant to think. I was scared about Roger. I had no idea if he was ok. For all I knew he could've been in a deadly car crash or found passed out in a river for that matter. I almost ran to the nearest store, ignoring the rain that had started pouring as my feet clicked against the shining stone pavements.

Soon enough I found myself stood in front of the two large glass doors, almost panting, letting go of a relieved sigh before I stepped through them, heading straight for the isle that held every magazine and newspaper one could imagine.