31- We'll see about that one

11th October 1980

Tw- mentions of abuse

"You saw Roger ? As in Roger Taylor ? As in... the Roger you still aren't over to this very fucking day." Julian cried, squeezing Connie's hand as she squeezed Summer's, all three of them sat in nothing but shock as I nodded.

"Yeah. I was gonna tell you... but I was easier to wait until you were all here. Well, I know Leo's out but-"

"You're changing the fucking subject Addy... where when and why the fuck did this happen ?" Connie cried dramatically, the anticipation clearly not being contained well as her teeth chewed her bottom lip, just as Julian's nibbled at his hand that wasn't squeezing hers whilst Summer's free fingers tapped against the arm of the sofa.

"I was literally just walking to get a packet of cigarettes, and there he was. Walking down the same path. I don't even know where he was going, but he asked me for coffee. And so we had coffee."

"Nathan ! What about Nathan... oh my god what about fucking Nathan !" Summer blurted out nervously, her hand flying over her mouth as she realised what she'd said and how quickly she'd said it.

I didn't know what I was suppose to tell Nathan, but that's if I was even going to tell him. There was not a single inch of my body that though telling him about my 'thing' with Queens drummer was an idea wise. It made little sense as to why I would, considering up until six days prior Roger was a staple part of my past. But now there was a fair chance he was going to he part of not only the present, but the future too, I was unsure of Nathan's status of the situation.

"What did you even talk about ? I mean... was he sorry ? Did you accept it ? Did he love you ? Does he still love you ? Does he wanna marry you and have kids with you and sign the two albums that Julian owns that don't have his signature ? Cause the latest two really don't fit in with the others without his scribble across the cover."

"God this feels like one of those fucking interviews... right. He was sorry, and I didn't exactly accept it. And he didn't love me. He liked me, but he didn't love me. I'm relatively sure he has no intentions of ever marrying me or even the thought of a kid in his mind so I'm gonna cross that box out, and I don't think there's a chance where he's gonna be coming here again- sorry." I sighed, the relief becoming more full through me as the three of them sat eagerly listening, their full attention on me as I stood in the middle of Julian's living room.

"So... it was just a coffee, and now you're never gonna see him again ? That was it ?" Summer seemed confused as she asked, her head tilting at an angle as her eyebrows knitted.

"Right, I never bothered telling you three this cause I never really knew how I was supposed to. But, when I told my mum about Roger, she uh, she made me promise that if I ever saw him again, and if I ever had a chance to get back what we had I'd take it. Cause apparently he's my bloody angel. Don't ask. But my point is I promised her."

"She was clever." Connie chuckled a little. "She knew you would see him again. And she knew she had to do something to guarantee he wouldn't just me a glimpse of the future. She knew he was more."

"I know. If it wasn't for her I wouldn't of bothered." I signed, finally falling onto the armchair behind me after relieving myself of the weight of mine and Roger's fairly recent encounter. It didn't even feel real to tell them, let alone live through. I'd seen his face everywhere over those past couple years, and then it was there again. Right in front of me when I least expected it.

"Oh you would've. Look at him for Christ sakes no one can say no to him." Julian chuckled, getting up subtly from his seat before sitting down on the arm of mine, his arm falling around me in an attempt to reassure me. But I didn't exactly know what he was reassuring me about.