6- You can't deny

16th January 1978

The next morning I woke up, head slightly fuzzy and body stripped of last nights clothes, remembering what I had spent the majority of my evening doing. I turned to my left to find the blonde still asleep relatively peacefully, his lips pursed and blonde hair slightly scruffy- which was most likely from me pulling at it.

When I was kissing him last night, practically tearing my clothes off on his sofa, the idea seemed one great. But it wasn't until I was sober and laid beside him I realised it was something we probably shouldn't of done- no matter how badly we wanted one another.

If we were two normal people, ones that had shitty London flats and draining 9-5 jobs, it would've been completely fine, no regret paired with it. But since he was currently still known to be in a relationship, and a famous drummer from one of the biggest bands, and I was a skimpy little model with a reputation already too fragile to take further damage, it was a night we should've spent differently.

I slowly crawled out of bed, managing not too disturb Roger, and noticed quickly that I'd successfully managed to claim back my underwear that he'd tossed across the living room before going to bed. I scanned the room, looking for something to wear other than my skimpy dress, and found a knitted jumper conveniently hung up on the back of his bedroom door.

I quickly slid it on, noticing the material was slightly itchier that I would've liked, and the jumper seemed like it would even be miles too big on the blonde himself. I quietly grabbed a cigarette from the packet on his bed side locker, silently grasping the lighter before I went out to the balcony I hadn't even realised he owned last night.

I sat in a small chair in the corner, stereotypically besides a small wooden table with an ash tray in the middle, my legs sat touching my chest as I tried to stay warm. It was cold, typically in January, and it was still early in the day.

My mind wasn't focused well on anything other than the fear. Mainly the fear of people finding out what had happened between me and Roger Taylor. If the press caught us, or if anyone who didn't know him and Dominique had actually spilt for that matter, my career would be one simply over. Of course I've always wanted that, to ditch behind modelling, but that last thing I want is to be known as the mistress that split a happy couple. That was never a label any girl wanted, and once I gained it, it would stick.

But I was soon disturbed from my thoughts when the door opened and Roger stepped out onto the balcony, a pair of joggers covering his lower half but his torso still exposed.

I didn't say anything, unsure what I was supposed to say, instead watching as he lit a cigarette and quickly exhaled it. He was tense, clearly so, and didn't let his eyes meet mine once as he sat in the chair opposite mine.

"Morning." He mumbled. I smiled uneasily, nodding a little as I stubbed out my cig and curled my legs up tighter. "Nice jumper."

I didn't say anything, I just sat quietly in a silence that didn't feel welcome. He seemed frustrated, agitated, something clearly on his mind like there was mine. Only I knew he wasn't scared- he was annoyed.

He sharply exhaled another cloud, taking little time to let it disperse before he took another drag. I sighed quietly, unexpectedly grasping his attention, his eyes on mine as he stubbed out the small nub between his two fingers.

"Look, I get that you think last night was a mistake. I ain't stupid." Roger huffed. "But we were hardly that drunk, and I know full well you wanted to."

"I don't regret it Roger... but that doesn't mean it was necessarily right. Think about what would happen if people found out, I mean I would be-"

"Adelynn I told you last night- I like you. And I know just as well as you do that we have to make sure the press don't find out. But I also know that if you wanted this as much as I do... you wouldn't let that fear get in the way." He paused, giving me a brief moment to realise that he was right, annoyingly so. "And you can't deny last night was the best sex of your life."