49- not the man you think he was

27th February 1981

And so the week containing the interview came round quick, leaving Roger prepared for his flight on the same day I was sat in a make up chair trying to prepare myself for whatever questions were going to be thrown at me.

Julian and Connie proceeded to jump up and down and scream when I told them I would be sat on day time tv for everyone who pleased to watch, and Roger was certainly pleased about the chance we had to tell the truth. Not the whole truth... but as much as I could.

There was only a few minutes before I went on, sat in the chair and prayed that the questions asked weren't too outrageous. Roger was somewhere within the crowd, positioned behind all the cameras and lights that would be surrounding me.

As I got up from my seat, I heard a gentle tap at the door, one I managed to recognise the owner of as I turned to face the door, watching his frame step through. The smile he wore managed to ease the anxiousness within me for only the slightest second as our eyes met, but it was all I needed to feel the slightest bit like my self in comparison to the nerves riddling me.

"It's gonna be fine don't worry." Roger reassured me, his arms creeping round my frame as my head fell against his chest, my hand at my lips as my fingers caught themselves between my teeth. "Don't panic about it."

"Ugh I know... I'm so pissed you're going right after too." I sighed, lifting my head to look at his as he nodded slowly. Roger's job was unfortunately a lot different to mine, which meant he was of course going away for a couple of weeks. Which also meant his belongings were already on their way to the airport with Crystal, simply waiting for the drummer himself to arrive.

"It ain't for long... you'll be fine. Like you said... you managed two years without me. Plus I'm only a phone call away." Roger reassured me again, pushing my hair back as I nodded gently. "Shit you've gotta go though."

"Ugh fuck. I'll see you in a minute." I leant up and kissed him, our lips allowing themselves to meet for a brief moment before another knock came to the door. Our hands unwrapped from one another, both of us signing as a women with only a clipboard in her grasp opened the door.

"Miss Petrov you'll need to come through with me now please." She said, my frame following the direction of hers as Roger's went in the opposite after a small wave. She lead me to the side of the stage, giving me a few minor instructions as to where to go as I waited to be introduced.

"Welcome to tonight's show I'm Andy Edwards... and joining me in the studio tonight is a guest we haven't had hear before on the show, someone who's seemingly very private about her home life, and someone who's very recently fallen in love..." I took a deep breathe to prepare myself, a fake smile already plastered across my face. "Ladies and gentlemen, and all those at home, may I introduced Miss Adelynn Petrov."

I walked onto the stage, a small wave being given to the camera following my frame round as I smiled as brightly as I could, my eyes instantly caught with Roger's as I sat down on the small sofa besides Andy, turning to face his eager and slightly cunning grin I was presented with.

His face was plastered with makeup, probably more than mine, and his teeth were clearly so white they were false. His hair was dark and smothered my gel that stuck every thin piece to his head, a well crafted distraction from the wrinkled permanently creased against his skin.

"Good afternoon Adelynn... how are you ?"

"Yeah I'm doing good thank you." I nodded, returning his false smile as I took another glance towards Roger, hoping catching a glimpse of his expression would help me calm myself only slightly.

"Well firstly we'd like to welcome you to the show and thank you for joining us..." the audience gave a small cheer, including a very enthusiastic Roger which managed to turn my smile genuine. "So obviously I think me and the people at home are very curious as to what is going on between you and Roger Taylor ? When did that all start ?"