TOO LATE (TodoDeku)

** ANGST WARNING **

Content Warning: Blood, Verbal Abuse, Obscene Language, Suicide Attempt, Toxic Relationship

Requested By: Bella250202

~

Izuku looked down on his bloodied wrists, red coloring the half-full tub of water he sat on- the pain of his wounds being the only thing that was keeping him grounded- as he reminisced the earlier argument he had with his boyfriend.

"How many times have I told you to not bother me when I'm at work? You know how my father feels about you," his boyfriend berated as Izuku silently washed the dishes at the kitchen. "And you just had to come at the worst time- right when he was roasting me with my performance at work too,"

"I just wanted to see you..." Izuku whispered, eyes focused down on the running water of the tap. "I hardly ever see you, so I thought-"

"So you thought that barging in on my workplace would be a great idea to catch up? How could you be so damn stupid, Izuku?"

Izuku flinched at the statement before he dared to glance up to his boyfriend, only to be met with angry heterochromatic ones that was already glaring daggers towards him.

Earlier, Izuku had decided to pay his boyfriend, Shoto, a surprise visit at his office. The stoic man was always busy with work, being the son of the CEO and new to the company, so Izuku thought that he would be over the moon if he sees his boyfriend- Izuku just did not expect that the turn of events would be the opposite of happy when he arrived and was practically kicked out of Shoto's office after his father had chased the greenhead away in anger and disgust.

"I'm sorry," Izuku whimpered, keeping his head and gaze low as he felt his boyfriend's anger radiate around their small apartment.

"You always say that," his boyfriend scoffed. "You're always sorry about a lot of things but you never really mean that fucking apology of yours!"

Izuku shut his eyes as he felt them sting and water from the tears he desperately tried to blink away.

"Maybe my father was right, maybe being with you wouldn't do me any good," At that statement, Izuku's head shot up as he looked at his lover in shock.

"W-what...?"

"Lately, all we do is fight and see the flaw in each other. I'm always tired at work and the least that I expected is to be welcomed with a warm meal prepared by my beloved boyfriend. But what do I get? I get preheated leftovers because my damn lover forgot to cook dinner for today because he was too busy sulking and being the drama king that he is for thinking that we don't spend much time together anymore,"

"But-"

"But nothing, Izuku. You knew the moment we started dating that it was going to be this hard. There were a lot of times where I gave you the chance to back out but you still stood your ground and told me that everything would eventually be alright. But you just had to be so fucking needy and clingy and it's starting to suffocate me, so..."

Izuku watched in horror as Shoto reached for their promise ring and pulled it off easily- easily breaking Izuku's heart as well.