GIFT (KiriBaku)

It's my birthday *★,°*:.☆( ̄▽ ̄)/$:*.°★* 。

~

Midoriya could only blink at the sight of a flushed Bakugo standing before him and Todoroki. He was speechless-- utterly dumbfounded-- and did not expect Bakugo to look so...

"Cute," Todoroki finished the sentence Midoriya was saying through his thoughts.

"What the hell did you say, Half and half?!" Bakugo grumbled, a vein popping out of his head.

"Stop teasing, Todoroki-kun," Midoriya told his boyfriend before turning to his childhood friend. "So what you mean to say is... you forgot that it's Kirishima-kun's birthday in two days and you have no idea what to give him as a gift?"

"Do you really have to repeat everything I just said, you stupid nerd?" Bakugo spat, making Midoriya flinch in mere instinct.

"Sorry, I just..." Midoriya chuckled nervously. "I never took you as someone who'd buy gifts or prepare for such special occasions,"

"What do you even picture me doing on situations like this?" Bakugo asked, leering over the greenhead.

"N-nothing...!" Midoriya squeaked, dismissing his imagination of Bakugo storming over at Kirishima in a full explosion and yelling 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHITTY HAIR!' all across the academy.

"Anyway, why don't you just buy something that Kirishima likes?" Todoroki suggested.

"It's too cliche, and..." Bakugo's voice trailed off to a mere grumble that Midoriya had to lean in to hear him clearly.

"I'm sorry, Kacchan... could you repeat that again?"

Bakugo frowned before looking away and grumbled a little louder for Todoroki and Midoriya to hear. "I... I don't know what the shitty hair likes,"

***

"Eh? Why are you suddenly interested in my likes?" Kirishima asked Midoriya who strangely approached him during break and started asking facts about him.

"I-is it that weird to ask?" Midoriya chuckled nervously.

"N-no! Not at all!" Kirishima said, flustered. "I-it's just... no one has asked me about my likes and dislikes so it's kind of... weird, I guess?"

"Is it, isn't it?" Midoriya said with a nervous laugh. "B-but I've been doing hero analysis among our class so I had to ask,"

"What do Kiri's likes and dislikes have to do with his quirk anyway?" Kaminari asked, peering over Midoriya's notes.

"W-well..." Midoriya looked away nervously. "I-it might be a huge contribution to how he controls or manifests his quirk, l-like for example... you like meat, right? Does the protein you get from eating meat contributes to how well you can keep your hardened form long enough during battle? I mean... how about if you cut eating meat for a week, would that make your feel weak or something? Will the length of your usage of quirk shorten?"

"Expect Midoriya to ask these kinds of questions," Ashido said. "Since you're already here, might as well ask for our likes and dislikes too!"

Midoriya nodded with a smile. "Okay!"

Unfortunately, Midoriya got too carried away in taking in trivial and facts from everyone that when he went back to his room and saw Todoroki and Bakugo waiting, he got flustered.

"E-eh... um..." Midoriya stuttered. "I only got to ask what he likes and he mostly answered the obvious stuff like eating meat and liking manly stuff,"

"What the actual fuck, Deku," Bakugo grumbled, activating his quirk that made Midoriya back away. "If I knew you were going to do just that I must've just walked in on the shitty hair and asked him myself!"