BY YOUR SIDE pt. 1(TodoDeku)

I'm back with another Omegaverse, ya'll. This one is inspired by an artist I follow on Twitter that goes by the name @chococustart

I have permission to recreate her art into a short story with a promise that I credit her. So... thank you, Deni!

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this because I poured everything I've got on this one.

~ T R I G G E R W A R N I N G ~

ANGST AHEAD
MENTIONS OF MISCARRIAGE
MALE PREGNANCY
~

The smells of curry lingered over the kitchen as twenty-two-year-old Pro-Hero Shouto Todoroki casually cooked dinner he will be sharing with his partner while he listened to the news on the television-- glancing at the screen as it flashed a picture of his beloved carrying several people with a burning building in the background; a familiar smile on the green-haired man's written on his face that Shouto found both attractive and goofy.

He was brought out of his musings when he heard the front door creak open and shut close, followed by the voice of his partner that announced his presence and Shouto smiled, lowering the heat to not overcook their dinner before proceeding to the receiving area to welcome his beloved Izuku Midoriya.

"Welcome home, Izuku,"

Izuku always loved the huskiness of Shouto's voice and had always found it calming every time he hears it, which is not often considering that the latter male doesn't talk much all the years Izuku had known him.

"How was work?" The taller man said as he pulled Izuku into a comforting hug-- a routine they had been doing since they started living under the same roof.

Izuku's ears perked up at the sound of the television running, the news describing the rescue operation he did, and immediately knew that Shouto had an idea how Izuku's day was spent at work. "Do you have to ask that?"

Shouto chuckled, planting a loving kiss over at his partner's forehead. "Is it bad that I wanted to hear what happened from your perspective?"

Izuku smiled, eyes sparkling and it was a cue for Shouto to focus all his attention on Izuku-- knowing that the twenty-one-year-old Pro-Hero is about to tell the tale of how he saved almost fifty civilians from the burning building that was now considered as the week's top story.

"I honestly zoned in and out during the operation," Izuku chuckled as Shouto went back to the kitchen and finish cooking dinner while Izuku followed him and started pulling plates and utensils out to help his husband prepare dinner. "The whole building was already on fire and on the verge of collapsing when I arrived at the scene. Uraraka-san was already there, keeping the civilians and bystanders safe from the falling debris while Hydro helped the firemen gradually put out the fire for the trapped people to safely get out,"

Shouto remained silent and listened to Izuku's story even while they started eating, he had learned from the first-hand experience that once you get Izuku talking about his heroics, there's no stopping him-- not even the delicious curry Shouto prepared for him where Izuku briefly complimented his husband for the delicious food before continuing to his tales.

"So anyway, while we were clearing up the crime scene as soon as the situation was stable enough, this little girl comes in and offered me a candy," Izuku said with a chuckle, "It was one of those candies that have a Pro-Hero character printed on the wrapping. I think I put the wrapper inside my wallet,"

Shouto chuckled in amusement. "How old are you for keeping things in your wallet like some memoir?"

"Oh, hush," Izuku stuck his tongue at the playful insult. "I wouldn't put it in my wallet if it wasn't your face printed on the wrapper,"