BY YOUR SIDE pt. 2.1 (TodoDeku)

** ANGST WARNING **

His eyes squinted open as the sunlight passed through their bedroom window, lightly making the cream satin curtains glow as it danced along with the gentle breeze that blew past the open window and tickled his skin gently. The faint chirping of birds that flew past was the first thing his ears heard as he felt snuggled and cozy under the warmth his bed was giving him.

Any other day, he would've watched the birds flying past their house with a smile, any other day he would've kicked the duvets off of him and admired the beautiful sunny morning, any other day he would've smiled as he feels the morning breeze caress his skin and give his messy hair a gentle comb.

But... this wasn't like those other days.

Despite the lively vibe the morning was giving, he felt so gloomy.

Despite the brightness the sun was giving, he felt like everything was colorless.

Despite feeling loved and full at the very beautiful sight mother nature was giving him...

Why does he feel so... empty?

He didn't know how long had he been lying in bed. Time-- for him-- felt like it was incredibly slow as every time he wakes up feeling like he did not get the amount of sleep his body needed, even though every clock in their house and his husband assured that he did.

"Izuku...? Baby, are you awake?" the voice of his husband called.

Feeling like he was lying on honey, Izuku slowly turned to look at Shouto who was standing by the door-- still holding the doorknob.

"Hey..." Shouto greeted with a smile that did not reach his eyes. "Good morning,"

Any other day, Izuku would've smiled and greeted him back. He would've giggled at how goofy Shouto looked with a heart-patterned apron he was wearing and would've teased him and they would start the day with their house filled with laughter and loving kisses he and his husband would share...

But... this wasn't like those days.

Today was a few days after the dreaded accident he had been on that destroyed his happiness and his life...

He had lost count of how many times he watched the sun rising and setting down but he knew that it had been exactly fourteen days since he woke up at the hospital after helping a woman that turned out to be a pick-pocket thief that had stabbed him when he least expected her to.

It had been fourteen days since he woke up and finding out that the child he had been bearing for nearly two weeks had died at his stupid and poor attempt to save someone who was falsely asking for help.

It had been fourteen days since he woke up, only to wish that he hadn't when the devastating news got to him.

It had been fourteen days of him feeling empty and blaming himself for what happened.

It had been fourteen days... and counting.

Izuku felt the side of the bed moved before warm hands caressed his hair gently. "I made your favorite All Might-shaped waffles," Shouto said, "You want me to bring it here so you can eat and take your medicine?"

Izuku felt like his head was underwater-- a constant buzzing went on inside his head that he could barely hear anything. But he saw the worry and concern in Shouto's eyes that he understood-- he had barely eaten anything in those fourteen days, only taking a bite or two before heading on to the bed to sleep all day.

He knew that Shouto was worried about him letting himself go, but he couldn't bring himself to care.

"Izu..." Shouto sighed silently. "Baby... Y-you have to eat something to keep your strength. Any more of this and we'd have to force-feed you through a tube,"