PUPPY pt. 2 (KiriBaku)

The small red pup shivered at the cold rain that kept pouring over him but he stayed still as he cannot find any place that would keep him dry.

His friend was mad at him, his red glaring eyes awfully resembled his master's who had lashed out to him for being a bad dog. But he still loved his master just the same, even though he never came back for him anymore after leaving him at the park to play.

A stroke of lightning and a loud rumble of thunder had him flinching and run away in fright and shock, cars almost running him over as he tried to get away from the scary sound until he finally found a place under a dumpster.

Quivering in fear, his tail in between his legs, he lied down on the cold ground and let the coldness soothe him to sleep as he dreamed of a certain blonde who rescued him from his loneliness.

***

"Really, Shoto, you're such a headache for running away with this kind of weather," Midoriya said as he held his cat Shoto on one hand and an umbrella on the other as he walked back to his house.

For the nth time, Shoto had run away from their house again and of all the days he had to pick where it was raining heavily.

Shoto let out an irritated meow as he tried to get out of Midoriya's arm.

"Oh no, Mister, you're not going anywhere with the weather like this," Midoriya said as he firmly held his feline close to him.

They passed by a certain alley where Shoto suddenly thrashed around for Midoriya to let him go. The action caught the greenhead in surprise that he lost grip of Shoto and his umbrella and had him land on the wet pavement-- Shoto landing gracefully on his feet next to him.

"Now look what you did," Midoriya whined in frustration. "You got both of us wet,"

But the feline wasn't paying him any mind as it walked towards a dumpster and scratched the pavement-- as if digging for something under it.

"Hey, Shoto, that's dirty and you just had your bath!" Midoriya said as he tried to pick his cat up, but the feline meowed loudly and lashed at his owner.

"Ow! Shoto that hurt!" Midoriya complained but his cat ran around in circle then started scratching the pavement again-- as if telling his owner that there was something under the dumpster worth seeing.

"What are you trying to tell me?" Midoriya asked, still gripping his arm that Shoto had scratched.

Shoto gave him an animated glare (can cats do that?) as it reached for the dumpster and slid its nail down, creating an irritating screeching sound that hurt Midoriya's ears.

"Shoto!" Midoriya complained but froze when he heard a faint whimper coming from the dumpster. "E-eh?"

At this point, both owner and feline were now wet from the rain but none of them paid any mind to it as Midoriya bent down to see what was under the dumpster.

His big eyes widened at the sight of the red, shivering pup he was awfully familiar with. "E-Eiji...?" he mumbled. "B-but how... he was just with... Kacchan... earlier... didn't he--"

He stopped himself when he remembered the scene earlier when he and Shoto were watching Bakugo and Eiji play around the yard.

Not long after, some of Bakugo's friends came. Midoriya couldn't hear what they were saying but Bakugo looked pissed-- not that he wasn't always angry. At that moment, his mother called for him and he had to leave the room but Shoto remained and watched the whole scene unfold.

The greenhead looked at his feline who was patiently waiting for him to get the pup. "Was that why you... you ran away to try and find him... didn't you?"