I LOVE YOU, NERD pt. 3 (TodoDeku)

Requested by: HelvioDeAraujo2004
~

Todoroki wanted to beat the shit out of himself.

That was the thought that ran through his mind as he walked around the local park in search of Midoriya.

Earlier this morning, he had snapped at the greenhead after Midoriya made an attempt to give him some homemade sandwiches as a thank-you gesture in front of almost everyone in their grade.

Todoroki mumbled out a curse as flashes of Midoriya's hurt expression presented before Todoroki's mind.

He should've just accepted those sandwiches. He shouldn't have snapped at him like that. He shouldn't have been mean to him at all.

"He's not here," a voice stopped Todoroki from his tracks and had him look back and meet bright red eyes that were glaring at him

"You're... Kacchan,"

The blonde clicked his tongue in annoyance. "That's Bakugo to you," he said, "Only that shitty Deku had the audacity to call me that,"

"Deku... you call him that too?"

"Of course, I call him that! It's a childhood pet name I gave him for being quirkless," Bakugo snapped. "But the damn nerd went on and used it as a nickname even though he knew what it meant,"

Todoroki didn't answer. The first time Midoriya moved into their school, Tsubasa was the first to recognize him and called him that nickname. But since Midoriya didn't give out a sign that the nickname bothered him, they started calling him Deku too.

"If you're looking for him, he already left and went home," Bakugo said.

Todoroki stared at him for a few minutes before opening his mouth to speak. "W-where... where does he live?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"It's none of your business,"

"Goodluck trying to find where he lives then," the blonde smirked and turned his back on Todoroki before walking away.

"I want to apologize to him!"

Those words made Bakugo stop and urged Todoroki to keep going.

"I... I said some things I didn't mean... or maybe I did... I don't know..." he said, "Truth is, I just started talking to him the day he stopped you from beating me up and I felt... something in me whenever I see his eyes and his smile... it's something I destroyed earlier this morning when I told him that nobody would be friends with someone like him... someone quirkless... someone different... but I was wrong a-and I want him to know that I'm sorry,"

Bakugo took a moment of silence before turning his head enough just to see Todoroki at the corner of his eyes. "Why are you asking for an apology now, when you' be been tormenting him... bullying him... Why apologize only now?"

"H-how did you know--"

"That idiot Tsubasa told me who you are and what you did to Deku," Bakugo glared at him. "That's why I wanted to beat the crap out of you that day... I wanted you to leave him alone because you don't know shit he's hiding behind those bright eyes and that stupid smiling face,"

"What do you mean by that?" Todoroki asked.

Bakugo just sighed and clicked his tongue. "Come with me," he mumbled.

***

Midoriya shuddered when the cold wind passed by him, making him pull his knees closer to his chest as he watched the sunset, waiting for the darkness to set in.