LITTLE RED RIOT pt. 6 (KiriBaku)

TRIGGER WARNING: MENTIONS OF RAPE

Katsuki could only stare at Kirishima wide-eyed as the redhead told them everything that happened.

Inko looked so distraught as she listened to the redhead while Shouto remained motionless-- head bowed down, his expression hidden from everyone's eyes.

"I-I tried to stop them... but they were too many and when Kaminari and the others arrived, Shigaraki was already too far away for us to catch up," Kirishima said, finishing his story and was met with complete silence.

That was until Inko stood up from her seat, eyes glued on the floor with unshed tears. "Y-you children must be hungry... I'll go... I'll go make some snacks," she mumbled, "Shouto, be a dear and help... please,"

Shouto didn't need to be told twice as he stood up from where he sat and followed Inko to the kitchen while Katsuki headed for the door and slammed it shut as he went outside, Kirishima immediately following him.

"Katsuki...?" Kirishima called in a soft voice, cautious of what the blonde's next move would be.

"This was all my fault..." the hybrid whispered. "If I had just listened back then and didn't follow you... If I kept my senses sharp, I would've known you were being followed... I wouldn't have transformed... I--"

"Don't blame yourself, this isn't your fault,"

"Shut up," Katsuki growled. "You don't know anything..."

"I know enough that Midoriya wouldn't want you to blame yourself for what happened," Kirishima answered. "No one wanted what happened,"

"Is that so?" Katsuki snapped. "What did your friend expect would happen when he told everyone what he saw? Do you think the hunters would skip down here and ask if it was true then leave once we answer no?"

"Shinsou panicked, okay? Anyone would when they see a wolf transform into a man before their very eyes," Kirishima defended. "I mean... if that was me, I would've--"

"You would've what?" Katsuki cut him off. "Killed me on sight? Why? Because I'm different?"

"N-no, that's not what I--"

"It's what you almost did the first time we met," Katsuki answered, "You, humans, are all the same-- selfish."

Kirishima tried to gulp the lump that formed in his throat but failed. "Y-yeah..." he answered, heartbroken. "Me sacrificing my life and time to stay here and prove to you that I could be trusted was a selfish thing to do, wasn't it?"

Katsuki looked up to see unshed tears in Kirishima's eyes-- realization dawning over him.

Kirishima looked away, jamming his hands inside his pockets so Katsuki wouldn't see how tight his fists were clenched. "I promise to bring Midoriya back safely," he said, "Because as much as we, humans, are selfish we also don't leave a friend behind in times of need,"

The redhead turned and walked away, leaving Katsuki looking at the footprints his foot made in the snow before the blonde let out a frustrated sigh.

***

Pain exploded as he felt his ribs crack when a solid punch hit him, making him scream in pain before his strength left him-- putting him in a situation where both his hands were tied up at the thick branch of a tree with only his toes touching the snowy ground.

Midoriya took deep painful breaths as he tried to glare at Shigaraki through his swollen eye while the hunter just gave out a sinister chuckle while he took out a bottle of rum and poured it on the greenhead-- making the latter sputter and groan as the foul liquid hit his wounds.