I LOVE YOU, NERD pt. 1 (TodoDeku)

Requested by: helviodearaujo

AU, where Todoroki and Midoriya went to the same middle school instead of him and Bakugo

~ TRIGGER WARNING: ANGST AND MENTIONS OF HOMOPHOBIA ~

Not all men are born equal.

It was the phrase that thirteen-year-old Izuku Midoriya told himself as Heterochromatin eyes of ash gray and icy blue glared down at him that made his insides quake from mere fear.

Not all men are equal.

It was the phrase that he had familiarized over the years ever since he started declaring it at the age of four.

In the world and generation that Midoriya lived in, 80% of the world's total population has these amazing gifts of special abilities that they call Quirk.

Sadly, though, Midoriya was one of the remaining 20% that the world labeled as ordinary, useless, quirkless.

That had been the start of Midoriya's own personal hell as he had always been the center of attraction when it comes to bullying. Almost everyone in his school had quirks-- all except Midoriya.

Not all men are equal.

It was the phrase that Midoriya repeated over and over again in his head as he stood there-- alone and surrounded by his bullies as they passed around a notebook that was dear to Midoriya.

"P-please give it back... T-Todoroki-kun," Midoriya mumbled rather inaudibly, but the person he addressed his statement to heard it loud and clear.

Standing just a few meters away from Midoriya was a taller teen with snowy white and bright red hair that was equally parted in the middle. A big ugly scar covered his left eye that made him look scarier, but that never stopped the fact that he was popular among his classmates despite his rotten attitude.

Shouto Todoroki is a force not to be messed with. He was known as the youngest son of the current Hero that stood at the second-highest position among the Pro-Heroes-- Endeavor.

Midoriya believed that growing up from all that fame and having such a powerful quirk had turned Todoroki's personality cold. But that did not stop the greenhead from analyzing the latter and putting him on that specific notebook.

"He's got one on Todoroki too! Gross!" His classmate, Tsubasa, said as he waved around the notebook that revealed some sketches that resembled Todoroki's appearance.

Despite standing a distance away from Tsubasa, Todoroki could see the words written around the sketch-- his name, his age, birthday, quirk type, favorites, statistics, strengths, and weaknesses.

"Ugh! I'm getting literal chills reading it!" Another friend of Todoroki, Saito, said as he read through the notes. "Imagine that nerd secretly following Todoroki around to put in all this information!"

"That's just sick," Tsubasa agreed.

"Is this some kind of weird fetish?" Saito jeered and Todoroki saw Midoriya's flushed face.

"N-no, it's not!" The greenhead protested. "I-it's a quirk analysis notebook! I... I-I put in the information of every famous heroes and quirk I encounter with a-and--"