HIDE AND SEEK (TodoDeku)

This is a MAJOR plot spoiler for an upcoming Kuroko no Basketball fan fiction I'm working on.

~

Wide green eyes stared back at heterochromatic ones as a nine-year-old Izuku Midoriya stood in front of what looked like a 16-year-old teen named as Shoto Todoroki.

"Don't be shy, Izuku," A voice said as Midoriya's father gestured the child to come closer to the teen, to which the child bashfully obliged.

"H-hello..." the greenhead greeted in a low voice.

"Hello, Izuku Midoriya..." Todoroki greeted back, his husky voice making the nine-year-old blush.

"Introduce yourself, Todoroki," Midoriya's father ordered and the teen bowed in acknowledgment before turning back to the child.

"I am Hisashi Midoriya's model number 11, Shoto Todoroki," Todoroki said, "I am a humanoid programmed to protect and care for Izuku Midoriya,"

In the era they live in now, it was a common thing for humanoids to exist and Midoriya's father-- Hisashi Midoriya-- was one of the inventors that made it possible.

Hisashi Midoriya was a world-renowned inventor whose talent was recognized by everyone living in their era-- everyone knew him and of the horrible past he had been.

He was just starting to build a name of his own when his wife, Inko, died from an ambush meant for him. This left the heartbroken Hisashi alone with their infant son Izuku. This had made Hisashi overprotective of his son and had decided to lock him up in their mansion-- providing him humanoids enough to play with and protect him at the same time.

Izuku, however, grew up to be a fine and smart boy-- with the spitting image of his mother and taking the brains from Hisashi himself as he proved to love inventing stuff as his father did.

"Todoroki here will be your guardian from now on, Izuku," Hisashi said with a smile. "Aren't you excited to meet him?"

Izuku looked up at Todoroki who blankly stared back at the kid. "Do you know how to play hide and seek?" the kid asked.

***

"Please stop! Stop!" Izuku cried as tears streamed down his face while he watched in utter horror of how badly beat up the humanoid was in front of him.

Todoroki stood in front of him, his right arm uselessly dangling as sparks flew out every now and then, the left side of his face smashed and revealed his robotic features, his clothes almost torn and ripped to shreds but he still stood and was prepared to fight for Izuku's safety.

"Stop, please!" Izuku cried, "No more... don't hurt him anymore!"

The opponent, a silver-haired guy who went by the name Tomura Shigaraki, started laughing. "How much of a humanoid-loving boy did you raise, Hisashi?" he told Izuku's father who was lying on the ground near Izuku, barely conscious from taking in a fatal hit that would've finished Todoroki off earlier.

"But how long will you last, humanoid?" Shigaraki said. "How long will your damned protocols carry you? How are you going to fulfill your purpose in protecting that child, like you were programmed to?"

Todoroki didn't answer but instead turned his head so he could see Izuku crying at the corner of his eyes. "Iida," he called his fellow humanoid, "Take Izuku and Hisashi-sama away from here..."

"What...?" Iida said in shock but Izuku fought to stand up.

"NO!" The child protested. "I-I'm not leaving you... You promised you'd be with me forever! W-we pinky promised!"